twin silencer exhaust (1500)

WIMPUS

thescrapman wrote:
Wim

Your rear wheels look jacked under, that won't be helping check ground clearance.

You should be able to either bolt the flange sticking out the top of teh exhaust box straight through the rear valance with rubber washers either side, or use a very slim bobbin mount though it will be in shear. That is how I have mine.

Cheers

Colin

my car is nearly complete empty..  got a suspension rebuild , new leaf-spring at the back and sits a little high now  ;)

Im not a lover of straps an the like, make the sytem too wobbeleee, and is then prone to assorted noks /bangs / clonks , in the car.
so Ive had it like this for yonks, seems to work fine.

diff attachments

back box hangers

M

Hmmm, I like yours M., but I do like straps 'cos then there's some fore-and aft for banging the boxes into things and having them stay on. Also not smashing the diff carrier, maybe. I don't ever like disagreeing with you though matey!  ;D
Wim's is set-up so that the rear boxes hitting something hard will pull them right off the hangers though - not sure mine are that way around (I'll have to look again). They're a good height!

smithy wrote:
Hmmm, I like yours M., but I do like straps 'cos then there's some fore-and aft for banging the boxes into things and having them stay on. Also not smashing the diff carrier, maybe. I don't ever like disagreeing with you though matey!  ;D

Whilst I also respect Marcus's 'tinkering'/engineering skills, I think straps are better there to accomodate rock in the engine. We'll probably find Marcus's engine is suitably secured and this is not a problem for him.  :-/

Richard_B wrote:

Whilst I also respect Marcus's 'tinkering'/engineering skills, I think straps are better there to accomodate rock in the engine. We'll probably find Marcus's engine is suitably secured and this is not a problem for him.  :-/

Not a  prob Rich, as the front pipe has a bit of play in it, so can twist, and no leak

had to doo it this way cos I got a greet bigg donger of a center box
and it was always kernokkn.