739pete

OK, I knew getting the old engine alive again would never be easy, now the new adaptor and oil pressure switch are fitted. The manual says the oil pressure should be around 50, when should it get to this reading, with ignition on, on tick over, or when the engine is warm and driving?

think i read somewhere that a warm engine at 2k revs should be about 40psi, cold mine is about 65-70 i think and warm its just under 40, at tickover its down to about 15 i think, main thing is to have constant smooth pressure i think, figures not too important, as long as got some obviously :)

Thanks, getting about 10 psi within in a minute of starting, and increases upto about 25 when I run it to about 3000 revs. Can't try it on the road as sorn and without bonnet. But as you said, it least I can now see there is pressure.

Also, replace the pressure relief spring, Rimmer's do a standard and an uprated. (Don't know in what circumstance you would need the uprated) You can check the effect by putting some washers behind the spring and see if pressure increases.

And as regards my Ex that wasn't the incident that led to her exit. More to do with the constant ear ache!