timeing cover oil seal

trojan

my 13/60 has oil leak timeing cover oil seal,  after takeing it apart   it looks like the pulley has done the damage to the oil seal there is a bit on it which is rough to the touch and if i emery cloth it away i dont think a new oil seal would seal it,   and the timeing chain tensioner has two slots worn in it by the chain so i guess thats had it,  is there anywhere i can get a replacement crankshaft pulley for a reasonable price its a spitfire engine the po has put in it   FD endinginHE  cheers billy

If there is damage on the part of the pulley body where the oils seal has been running, using a seal of a different design, preferably one with two sealing lips, will result in the lips running on an undamaged part.
I don't have the part number of the double-lip seal I used but another member followed this advise recently, so a search may find the relevant posts.

With the tensioner wear you describe it would be wise to check the sprockets and replace the chain as well.

I would add that some modern replacement oil seals are much thinner than originals, they are recessed into the timing cover when fitted, unlike originals that sit flush (this is looking from inside)

Getting a different seal to what is fitted may well move the seal point?

P.S.  My reason for going to double lip seal was that the two seals I tried, that were supposed to be to original specification,  would not seal satisfactorily on a perfectly undamaged pulley.
Double lip overcame the problem.
(Put grease between the lips {of the seal of course} when fitting or the outer one is likely to run dry)