Choke problems...

willcolumbine

Does anyone else have problems with their choke? When my car is warming up and I hit the gas the choke knob gets pulled in and the car splutters. Is their any way of adjusting the tension so the choke stays out or is there some other way of doing it that I haven't worked out? It's driving me crazy and makes it very difficult to drive! Cheers guys!

On my GT6, you pull the choke knob out to where you want it, then give it about 1/4 of a turn clockwise to make it stick there.

I've seen some here on the CT forum that have lost the twist-n-lock function & hold it out with a clothespin when in use.

I've given it a go and it dosen't seem to want to twist or lock! Looks like I might have to use a peg! I'm just a bit mistified by it. It used to stay out and had quite a lot of resistance to pushing it but now it goes almost all the way in the second I floor the throttle. I can't think how it can have changed characteristics so suddenly. I'll look into it when I have a look at the high idle problems I've been having recently...

Archived