Tankards

Tr1xi3

Thanks for our Tankards, Just received them, Once again it was a great run and we are looking forward to the C2C. Gutted Dan and I missed the dinner. Hope we can get on the 10 Countries run. We are just at the top of the reserve list.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

Hi Ray, hopefully you will get yours this week.

I have been the scurge of a local post office for the last two Saturdays.....how not to be popular, rock up at a post office with 30 jiffy bags two Sats in a row!!!!

2020/21 RBRR is now over, a couple of months off and then its time to get going on the 2023 edition!

Ray,

No money owed as part of the entry fee. Glad all good, hope to see you in 1.5yrs time!

Jimbo,

Blimey, maybe you need more power though? Surely by 2023 you Scottish types will have achieved independence, so we may be able to bar you??? Of course, us Englishers expect a fairly bureaucratic border system and then we imagine the welcome will not be that great..... 'Round England and Wales Reliability Run' anyone? Dungeness and Sandwich, here we come!

Just remember, that like the poor Ukranians your xenophobic government are trying to deter by making the visa obligations so difficult, I've had a word with wee Nicky and you'll either have to have a Scottish relation or be sponsored by someone in Scotland over the internet to get in.

Photographs on the internet of those trying for visas will be required and the ugly ones amongst you will certainly be refused.

So, no Jason Chinn, for example.

No "dick pics" either.

This is a respectable country - it is God's own after all.

I would sponsor you Tim, but I can't understand a word you say.

Love to you all poor Southerners.

Jim.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 18:12, Tim Bancroft said:

Mrs Sturgeon has to be the most annoying Scottish person ever...and that is saying something!

As opposed to Boris "I will not resign after misleading Parliament" Johnson.

He's more than annoyed those who could not be with their loved ones at the time of their death.

We have a word for folk like him up here - a chancer.

A charlatan, who's more interested in himself and being Prime Minister than those who can't pay the rapidly rising bills they face.

At least wee Nicky does her best to mitigate the blows dealt by Boris and his multi millionaire Chancellor, both of whom are so out of touch, they could teach Putin a lesson or two in how not to deal with the truth.

First, deny everything.  Second obfuscate.  Third, blame the Ukranians/Labour Party/I was misled* (Delete as appropriate).

Rant over.

Jim.

Edited by McJim
  • Like 1

Just returning to the subject... 🙂

Thanks for the tankards Tim! I was puzzled about the massive package on my doormat last week and wondered what weird drunken ebay purchase it must have been. Very pleased to get two shiny goblets, i'll deliver my co-driver's to him at the weekend. Meanwhile I'm using the jiffy sack as a sustainable sleeping bag.

Pete

• Like 2