Nuala Dowie

Batch

A fabulous tribute to and send-off for Nuala today. Three Triumphs in convoy with the hearse to Carlisle Crematorium, then a beautiful service in St. Andrews Church, there was standing room only, followed by tea and cakes at the village hall. There were many tears in Carlisle and tears and laughter in Borrowdale. Farewell, Nuala, may your Triumph always get you there ahead of the class. I’ll miss you.

Richard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mole42 said:

A fabulous tribute to and send-off for Nuala today. Three Triumphs in convoy with the hearse to Carlisle Crematorium, then a beautiful service in St. Andrews Church, there was standing room only, followed by tea and cakes at the village hall. There were many tears in Carlisle and tears and laughter in Borrowdale. Farewell, Nuala, may your Triumph always get you there ahead of the class. I’ll miss you.

Richard

💕

1 hour ago, mole42 said:

Richard

💕

• 1 year later...

All,

It would be nice if it had been a tribute to her, but I fear the "friend request" I received today from "Nuala Dowie" was only another example of  poor control by Facebook. As many here will know, Nuala died two years ago.

I have reported this abuse of her memory to "Meta" and I hope others who receive similar messages will do so too.   But I fear that Meta will do nothing about it.

Nuala's personal page on Fb  still stands.  Can it be closed, or better marked "In Memoriam"?

John

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 2

Darren also had a friends request from Nuala, as she was always a friend on FB  while she was here, it’s absolutely disgusting.  I came off FB in 2019 and would NEVER  go back on, Its full of sicko’s and I think that the club website is grossly underused.  FB seems to entrap People I personally hate it but that’s just my own opinion 

Edited by Wendy Dawes
  • Like 3

Does anyone else think that the membership subscription might increase if CT Didn’t have a FB page, I know the local area groups mostly have a page of their own  I do wonder if anyone who joins the FB page actually thinks they’re joining the club 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not asking for it to be closed, but it’s just a thought  which crosses my mind 

A little Googling finds that Facebook will "memorialise" the personal page of someone who is dead: Reporting a deceased person or a Facebook account that needs to be memorialised. | Facebook Help Centre

Many knew Nuala better than I, who doesn't even know if she had family and they are the right people to request  this of Meta.     Anyone here who can contact family members, would they please do so and suggest this?     It could prevent future abuse of her memory.

JOhn

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Does anyone else think that the membership subscription might increase if CT Didn’t have a FB page, I know the local area groups mostly have a page of their own  I do wonder if anyone who joins the FB page actually thinks they’re joining the club 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not asking for it to be closed, but it’s just a thought  which crosses my mind 

As you may know I have brought this up with the relevant Club members, saying that I was concerned that `people` joining the CT,FB pages and being welcomed, do consider themselves to be a full CT member. Any major postings relating  CT should be on the Forum, especially discussions.There is no reason why local groups shouldn`t have a FB page to contact local area members though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

A little Googling finds that Facebook will "memorialise" the personal page of someone who is dead: Reporting a deceased person or a Facebook account that needs to be memorialised. | Facebook Help Centre

Many knew Nuala better than I, who doesn't even know if she had family and they are the right people to request  this of Meta.     Anyone here who can contact family members, would they please do so and suggest this?     It could prevent future abuse of her memory.

JOhn

I believe Nuala had a partner, in life and business running their hotel in The Lake District near Keswick, however I`m pretty sure the business was sold, so now unsure where her partner would be (who could be the legal partner to contact). A far as I am aware it is only a beneficiary of a deceased person that can petition any organisation to make requests for deletion.    

Good morning,

Just picked up this thread and share the concerns about facebook. I will contact Nuala's family and see what can be done with her facebook pages. I do know that after she died her family were faced with a catch22 situation, ie only the owner could close it down/alter it.

Dave

• Thanks 1