Nuala Dowie

Batch

Just took me an hour to login after hearing the news…

I have known Nuala for many years, she had such love and passion for her cars, her life and indeed retirement 

she called my company last Monday and was chatting about future works and coming to see us.

She was more than a customer, i considered her a friend

RIP

• Like 3

FUNERAL NOTICE
DOWIE, NUALA – A service of Thanksgiving for Nuala will take place at St Andrew’s Church, Borrowdale, on Tuesday 16th August at 2.30pm. Family flowers only. Please wear something colourful.

Nuala's funeral is on Tuesday 16th August. 

There's a family cremation in  Carlisle in the morning, followed by a service of Thanksgiving at St Andrews Church, Stonethwaite, Borrowdale as per the funeral directors notice in the earlier post.

Dave

22 hours ago, mole42 said:

Thanks Jim, that'd be good.

Although I'm seeing there's planned disruption to the rail network next week, maybe I'll have to drive after all. Watch this space!

I've got my train tickets, I'm assured that all is well with travel.

This from another site:

"Arrangements for Nuala Dowies funeral have been confirmed and the family would love as many cars as possible to form a convoy to accompany her on her last trip.

Tuesday 16th August. Leaving Keswick at 9.20am, travelling via Bothel to Carlisle Crematorium for a PRIVATE FAMILY SERVICE. Then on to a Thanksgiving at Borrowdale church.

Please wear bright clothes."

• Like 1

I know this is short notice.

Nualas family have requested a convoy of cars to accompany her on her final trip. I have attempted to organize this via various Facebook groups and have a few coming, but if you can swell the numbers and show our appreciation of Nuala, please join us.

We will be meeting in the first layby on the left as you leave the Keswick roundabout to follow the a591 towards Bothel. At about 9 am. Tuesday 16th August Funeral cars expected shortly after 9.20am

We will be a guard of honour at the crematorium to allow the family a private goodbye, but then all are welcome for a Thanksgiving at Borrowdale church later.

Please note her family would like COLOURFUL CLOTHES etc. So no black tie please.

Thanks for your respects for a lovely lady

Screenshot_20220811-102446-053.png

Edited by Butler

I know this is short notice.

Nualas family have requested a convoy of cars to accompany her on her final trip. I have attempted to organize this via various Facebook groups and have a few coming, but if you can swell the numbers and show our appreciation of Nuala, please join us.

We will be meeting in the first layby on the left as you leave the Keswick roundabout to follow the a591 towards Bothel. At about 9 am Tuesday 16th August Funeral cars expected shortly after 9.20am

We will be a guard of honour at the crematorium to allow the family a private goodbye, but then all are welcome for a Thanksgiving at Borrowdale church later.

Please note her family would like COLOURFUL CLOTHES etc. So no black tie please.

Thanks for your respects for a lovely lady

FB_IMG_1659036983237.jpg

Edited by Butler

On 08/08/2022 at 07:44, mole42 said:

I'll be there. I'm taking the train on Monday, staying in Keswick overnight.

Would you like a ride in a triumph to accompany Nuala on her last trip? Room in my spit if you do, would need to know where you are staying, and will need to be a quick pick up as driving in and helping others, but you will be welcome. 8.45 am Tuesday if in Keswick. If so search for Butler Mashiter on Facebook and send me a PM. I will reply, black cat as profile pic and member of many triumph groups

Edited by Butler

On 28/07/2022 at 19:57, McJim said:

Such sad news.

Katy and I were looking forward to catching up with Nuala on the Border Raiders after spending a good while with her at the start of last year's RBRR.

Always up for a giggle and a laugh like when a fluorescent yellow pen burst in her hand at the Novotel car park in Richard's Stag.

The look on her face was priceless.

Let us know when the funeral is and Katy and I will be there.

Jim.

Please note my other posts here, convoy of cars if you can make it , Tuesday 16th August, first layby on the a 591 from Keswick to bothel, just after 9 am. Thanks for appreciating Nuala.

On 28/07/2022 at 19:57, McJim said:

Such sad news.

Katy and I were looking forward to catching up with Nuala on the Border Raiders after spending a good while with her at the start of last year's RBRR.

Always up for a giggle and a laugh like when a fluorescent yellow pen burst in her hand at the Novotel car park in Richard's Stag.

The look on her face was priceless.

Let us know when the funeral is and Katy and I will be there.

Jim.

Please note my other posts here, convoy of cars if you can make it , Tuesday 16th August, first layby on the a 591 from Keswick to bothel, just after 9 am. Thanks for appreciating Nuala.