Nuala Dowie

Batch

It’s with great sadness and shock that we have to announce that Nuala died suddenly on Tuesday at home in Borrowdale. Known to many of us through her participation in CT events in one of her spitfires. Retiring from hotel ownership last autumn we know she had many adventures planned for her retirement, not least getting all her cars on the road at the same time!

To many, us included, she was more than a fellow car enthusiast she was a good friend, and she leaves a big hole.

We will post details of her funeral arrangements when they are known.

Dave and Jackie Batchelor

Indeed shocking news Dave. Nuala was always such an infectiously enthusiastic participant in Club activities. You may have noticed that on Monday she posted on the Forum in connection with filming next month in Enfield for an episode of a planned TV series which  was to have featured work on her rally spitfire, alas now never to be. Hopefully she will get the chance to met her hero John Gretener, along with many other rally legends gone to that special stage in the sky.

RIP Nuala

• Haha 1

Shocking news Dave.  She was on good form on the C2C last month as always.  I was looking forward to seeing her again on the Border Raiders next week and 10CR in September.  Attached is a photo Enzo took of her lovely mk2 Spitfire taken on the C2C

IMG_1646.jpg

• Like 6

I am speechless, during the Coast 2 Coast I had several long conversations with her and she was telling me about her classic rallying plans and asking if she could help with the C2C.  Although she was tired and had a snooze after the event, like many of us, she seemed so active and up for it.  I am very sad to hear this news.

• Like 1

Such sad news.

Katy and I were looking forward to catching up with Nuala on the Border Raiders after spending a good while with her at the start of last year's RBRR.

Always up for a giggle and a laugh like when a fluorescent yellow pen burst in her hand at the Novotel car park in Richard's Stag.

The look on her face was priceless.

Let us know when the funeral is and Katy and I will be there.

Jim.

• Like 2

What a dreadful shock. Very sad. We met Nuala on the RBRR2018 we tried to keep up with the yellow peril but failed mostly….except when the co-pilot was driving!!

Nuala was certainly a great advocate of long distance events and a great loss to the Triumph world.

Our condolences to her family and friends.

Ben & Vicky 

• Like 1

We do the most scary things, rush here and there not realising how delicate our existence is on this planet.

Gone in a flash.

I never met Nuala but read post of her posts and she came over bubbling with enthusiasm.

Rest in Peace Nuala.

Roger

On 29/07/2022 at 23:57, Sidescreen Ben said:

What a dreadful shock. Very sad. We met Nuala on the RBRR2018 we tried to keep up with the yellow peril but failed mostly….except when the co-pilot was driving!!

Nuala was certainly a great advocate of long distance events and a great loss to the Triumph world.

Our condolences to her family and friends.

Ben & Vicky 

Ben, do you mean Vicky could keep up or either of you could if Nuala's co-driver was at the wheel?

Tim