dann

Hi
Looking for a bit of help. Can anyone who has fitted a 123 ignition system let me know how it arrived to you.
ie what packaging, instructions other parts ect. And also did it look like it had been used or bench tested.

I ordered one of these from a well know supplier at stoneleigh, it finally arrived today in no packaging with no instructions and obvious signs of use ( worn gear, rotor arm and cap looks like its done 12k miles )

Not happy

Dan

Puts on Club Officer hat:

Forum Rules wrote:
You may not -

- post messages about traders which may be considered libelous or defamatory. Unfortunately we have in the past received a number of comments from suppliers concerning issues which are being discussed in Forum where these matters would be more properly addressed directly and in private between customer and supplier.  This is also the correct way of conducting your business.

From your description, dann, it doesn't sound as though you've been sent a new dizzy.   Best contact the supplier, tell them the issue and see what they say. Give them the chance to rectify the problem.

TR7th_Heaven wrote:
I think you should be able to name the supplier. Isn't it in all our interests to promote good service and help others avoid having to go through what you're going through? This should be done tactfully, of course.
Rich  ;)

Well if the supplier says "Naff off you muppet!" then yes but what if the supplier says "Oh damn, I'm sorry about that, our mistake. I'll send you another one now and a post paid label to return the original one. I apologise for our error and hope it hasn't put you to any trouble - is there anything else I can do for you?"

I say give the trader a chance to redeem himself, if he doesn't want to then do what you must but "let he who is without cock-up tell everyone he's an expert" or something like that  :P

I wouldn't name the supplier UNLESS he either becomes effusive with apologies and provides an excellent replacement service, whereupon he possibly should be recognised for excellent service (but may not want to be due to the initial problem), or else he tells you to get lost, in which case there should be an avenue not necessarily to name and shame but to bring the weight of the club to bear to get a replacement unit for Dan. I've had good and bad experiences from nearly every Triumph supplier I've dealt with; many went on to redeem themselves, some I never went back to - yet other members have had great service from the ones I no longer deal with.
As for a supplier - I bought my unit from SC, who have a large two-page ad in Practical Classics every month.

Yes, I agree with the sentiment of both the previous messages (in response to mine) and agree that mistakes are made and that faulty goods can be supplied without retailers knowing. Suppliers can't get it right all the time. However, how someone managed to send out what was clearly a second hand unit is perplexing. It'll be interesting to see what the response is. I'm sure that dann will get a replacement (trade descriptions act and all that) but it's an interesting 'error' .
Sorry if I'm being overly suspicious.
Rich   ;)

We've been down the route of people using this forum to have a pop at suppliers before and its messy and unpleasant.

Also why damm a supplier if it is just an honest mistake, also of course Dann could be shooting himself in the foot by damming the supplier-would you help a customer if the customer had been all over the internet bad mouthing you?

I bought my 123 from SC and found them ok. Bit indifferent etc but no worse than other companies. Are'nt SC owned by a German company?

Archived