Castle Combe Trackday 4th May

Clive

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

The trouble is knowing what you want. As the used or new springs seem to all be different. And how do you measure the rate of a leaf spring? (I can do coils, though have nearly broken my neck more than once by falling off!)

I don't know but I took mine in and said "I would like this 10% softer and 14mm shorter between the center of the vertical link eyes" ... so maybe if you simply took you old spring in and tell them what it's doing now and what you want it to do in the future?? I've no idea whether they can work with that but they showed huge knowledge and expertise when I went there ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2023 at 12:45, Clive said:

tried a new roto spring at one point, but the border raiders weekend killed it (refunded)

Remind me to ask you about this at the track tomorrow Clive.

6 hours ago, 65redspit said:

VERY excited but talk about leaving things til the last minute !!!

very much feel your pain... I discovered a seized rear brake cylinder on Monday evening. Won't bore you with details of the scramble to rectify, but suffice it to say I need to bleed the system after work this evening, before packing my tools+spares+overnight stuff, and setting off for Wiltshire. 

Good luck with your test drive Paul. Looks like we're in for a wet afternoon session, so I'll be packing a raincoat and umbrella!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PeteStupps said:

Remind me to ask you about this at the track tomorrow Clive.

Looks like we're in for a wet afternoon session, so I'll be packing a raincoat and umbrella!

I am sure we will all have a chat about all sorts.

As to weather, it looked good last weekend went rapidly downhill but latest is looking a little more hopeful. Fingers still crossed, but yes, brolly, rainjacket, and a tarp to keep my tat dry are all about to be packed. I just need to go and find my helmet now.