Castle Combe Trackday 4th May

Clive

The TRR register have announced their Castle Combe trackday, 4Th May. 

If you have not done a trackday before, they are a good way of having a try. They tend to group cars together by experience to a certain degree, and the driving standards are high compared to some of the other track experiences I have had!

All for a very reasonable £140

https://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/castle-combe---4-may-2023-14945-p.asp

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 65redspit said:

and limited slip diff fitted, otherwise I think I am (mostly) there …

Sounds intimidating! I reckon i'll be lagging behind you lot then, my Spit is basically standard. There's a young lad and his dad signed up who were there last year - I sailed past their mk3 Spit a couple of times but now they've fitted a tuned engine with webber carbs. I've been too lazy...

• Like 1

On 10/04/2023 at 20:18, Nick Jones said:

I don't... I've seen you in action before 😊

Haha thanks, just getting my excuses in early Nick 😉

Yeah the groups look interesting. Very happy not to be in the one labelled "probably the slowest group" - bit harsh that!

• Haha 1

Yeah, he put me in with that lot last time or maybe the time before and I lapped nearly all of them in the first session….. was quite nice in a way as I could experiment with different lines without worrying about traffic.

Had an MoT the following week and the man did observe that “something strange was going on with my tyres”

Edited by Nick Jones
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PeteStupps said:

@65redspit Paul is that you listed in group 2? Maybe email Kevin and ask to join the other Spitfires in group 3? Only so we can compare ??!

Yeah hopefully we're as lucky again. I can't fit my helmet in with the roof up!

Yup that’s me 😂 I have emailed him - maybe he thinks I have a Gitfire lol …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteStupps said:

@65redspit Paul is that you listed in group 2? Maybe email Kevin and ask to join the other Spitfires in group 3? Only so we can compare ??!

Yeah hopefully we're as lucky again. I can't fit my helmet in with the roof up!

I have ditched my hard top, helmet rubbed on the thing. Does on the soft top too. Much better roof down.

We appear to have the "the Flying Farmer" in our group with his stag powered TR250. I Know he has been up to stuff with those engines. And getting some good results. He could be very quick. 

19 hours ago, Clive said:

I have ditched my hard top, helmet rubbed on the thing. Does on the soft top too. Much better roof down.

We appear to have the "the Flying Farmer" in our group with his stag powered TR250. I Know he has been up to stuff with those engines. And getting some good results. He could be very quick. 

Those stag v8's are light and make serious horses when built properly ....

• 2 weeks later...