Progress in fixing our RBRR steeds.

7 hours ago, cook1e said:

Or to make a more resilient angle drive you can replace the short cable bit of the angle drive with a solid square bar (about 1/8 inch square), I did that on my GT6 about 30 years ago and it's been trouble free ever since.

I though about solid bar, but I prefer to keep a weak point. I am wondering what the weak link would be? I am thinking maybe the nylon speedo drive in the gearbox? Or the speedo cable?

But as I seem to have a good supply of old speedo cables, cutting the ends off works nicely. I have used a few methods of fitting, including JB weld. All seem to work.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pardown said:

I think Ive just bought the same one. Does it work ok?

My speedo has just seized breaking the cable and I can't face changing it as it requires seats out, carpets out, transmission tunnel out 😩 (Vitesse with O/D) . Ive got enough other jobs to be sorting.

Yes works fine.. can take a few mins to find the satelites and then its great!

• Thanks 1

Not driven the car for over a year since the wheel tried to escape at 80mph one July or putting new crank bearings in in April after an oil hose went wonky whilst testing if the wheel would now stay on the car.

Will it pass the MOT retest at 8am on Saturday... or will I arrive at the drivers meeting in the van? I hope it passes. It'll give me more time to paint over the rust inside the car and see if the radio and phone chargers still work ready for the event.

Edited by ferny
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the TR7 now starts first turn if the key. But now the temp gauge has given up. Not going to try and sort original, ordered a universal after market one. Fingers crossed be here tomorrow, also thermal switch for fan doesn't appear to be cutting in, so a flick switch will be fitted in car.

One year I'll have the car fully ready in plenty time........well maybe.

Oh and if anyone is wondering yes it's still multi coloured 

• Like 2