Progress in fixing our RBRR steeds.

Thought I would start a thread for us to post progress on our cars ready for the RBRR. Reached an important point a few weeks back with my stag... I now have an engine and gearbox installed. 

now just have to get it to run 🙂

tim

20230225_111236.jpg

Edited by Shynsy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Amy Wade said:

You're further ahead than me, I'm in the process of stripping down my car. Every mechanical component of my Spitfire needs my attention. 

I also decided the beginning of October isn't a tight enough deadline so I've entered Border Raiders...

20230311_143117.jpg

20230311_123125.jpg

Brings back great memories of my first Triumph,  a 1976 spit 1500. Lots of issues, but a joy to work on. Ended up with boy racer twin side draft webers.. sounded ace. Not sure it went much faster though. 

Tim 

My "steed" for this year is currently running quite nicely apart from feeling a bit gutless at the top end. I didn't use it for the DPMR (second reserve did that job) but have entered it for Border Raiders and intend to for C2C.

P.S. Shynsy may want to fix the typo in the thread title?

• Shynsy changed the title to Progress in fixing our RBRR steeds.
1 hour ago, RobPearce said:

My "steed" for this year is currently running quite nicely apart from feeling a bit gutless at the top end. I didn't use it for the DPMR (second reserve did that job) but have entered it for Border Raiders and intend to for C2C.

P.S. Shynsy may want to fix the typo in the thread title?

Whoops!

I haven't started yet on the 1500SE but will soon be giving it a look over to actually know what work is ahead for us , i know it needs some welding (actually quite a bit) and there is no engine and box in it but have a good engine to out in it and an overdrive gearbox, need to swap the boot lid and maybe a couple of doors and there's going to be more like brakes etc.

My Spitfire went into the garage right after the Border Raiders last August and hasn't been out since.

The roads round here have changed colour to orangey red after the amount of salt spread on them.

It's going to be -7°C round here tonight.

Spitfire driving is a bit way off yet, probably the end of April at this rate.

Jim.

On 15/03/2023 at 00:57, McJim said:

I'll be wearing the kilt this year and will wear it as a true Scotsman.

By the way, it's the really, really short one that I know you like the best.😉

Jim.

I'd be worried about drafts!

• Haha 1

My spitfires been pressed into daily driver duties for the last 2 weeks after my modern failed its mot. 
shouldn’t have been for long but have spent a week taking the front wheels off( wanted to do it properly 😂). 
Spitfires still not had tracking set up after all its recent work…. Or the horn reconnected. 
Seems to be running pretty well though and has benefitted from being used I’d say. Snow was fun and I wouldn’t have used it in all the salt etc if I’d had a choice but needs must! 

• Like 3

As the weather was good today I thought I’d dust of the stag as it’s done next to no miles since the 2018 RBRR, all went well until the brakes went to the floor, carefully drove the rest of the way home and found that one of the rear drums was binding and had boiled the fluid!!! Popped the drum off and couldn’t find anything obvious wrong, only thing I can think is maybe the wheel cylinder is binding up.

• Confused 1