Carpet Adhesive: What is best?

Tim Bancroft

Depends if you ever want to get it up again 😳
I've used some spray glue and the carpet isn't going anywhere, ever.
Try useing a steamer on the carpet when you fit it as it helps it to relax and it will mould to shape ( I use that term loosely) but you will get a better fit.

I have used the toolstation basic spray contact  adhesive, seems as good as teh new super version but easier to use (progress-not)
think that is everbuild brand, used it to apply vinyl over a dash top and indeed cover a dashboard with vinyl. All looking good and well stuck down.

Hello Tim,

while it is easy to go to a local shop and buy evostick etc, there are advantages to using a correct trim adhesive as it is designed specifically for that job, rather than a do all reasonably well of the generally available contact adhesives. Woolies have been in the game for a very long time.

Alec

We used to use Thixofix as it was quite flexible and spreadable in comparison to Evo(comparison......Utterly Butterly to fridge cold butter)
Now can`t seem to get it anywhere....think all the `sniffers`have bought all the stock
Now we have started to use the spray on and used it on all sorts ,GT/Spit/ 2000, from the wool twist to moulded
Spray on can also reach parts where the brush can`t

Tim, i use spray adhesives, not had any difficulty with any brand so far. Current stock is simply called " Heavy duty spray adhesive" and is is unbranded in a yellow and blue tin bought from a local car accessory shop. I ve carpeted spitfire, toledo and my old 2000 with this stuff, plus i've done all my vans internal boarding covering in carpet using the same or similar. Also its not too difficult to remove the carpet from metal should you ever need to.