Gearbox Tunnel Carpet

jamie31888

4457 wrote:
Ok thanks guys will sit it in and see what it looks like.

How about the floor pan carpets and the handbrake cover carpet?

Any glue on them ?

Floor pan i didn't use glue , just at the front footwell carpet's  i used some 'poppers' so they do not slide ! ..

For the middle section i used glue And also for the the box section at the floorpan  :)

Wim,

Is there any chance you could post some pictures of how the poppers attach to  the footwell?

Im also having trouble with getting the handbrake gaiter flap to stay in the carpet cut out. :-/

Managed to get the gearbox tunnel carpet sitting nicely, had to make some cuts for the foot rest and steering column though.

Cheers
Jamie

Here are some photo's .. hope it's a bit clear  ;)

At the front where also some poppers original .. but didn't use them (at mine the carpet is stuck behind the speakers ;)  )

Hope you see it a bit  ;)  

1 tip ! Do 1 popper at the time in the carpet .. The carpet on the photo i did the 2 at the same time .. not very good  :) But good for now  :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Wim did you use pop rivets for the studs?

After using allot of force I managed to get the h frame installed , I dry fitted the nice shiney radio I was bought as a present and the gear lever smashes into it when selecting 1st gear haha  :B

4457 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Wim did you use pop rivets for the studs?

After using allot of force I managed to get the h frame installed , I dry fitted the nice shiney radio I was bought as a present and the gear lever smashes into it when selecting 1st gear haha  :B

yeah i rivet them to the floor.

My H- frame was a **** to fit  :P
A shame that the gear lever smashes into the radio  :-/

Using poppers to the floor is not quite recommended as the small holes you create to affix the popper then becomes a larger hole as time progresses. Also if pop riveted the alloy rivet then corrodes and falls out
I fitted the carpets as they are supposed to be, then obtained some polycarbonate sheeting, cut to the shape of the floor pan, then affixed poppers to that ,then bought the Spitfire overlay carpets and then press studded to those
So the carpets then never ever move and then you can lift out the poly sheeting with the overlay carpet for cleaning.................and the original carpet is still in the floor and not stuck /poppered down  

michael_charlton wrote:
Using poppers to the floor is not quite recommended as the small holes you create to affix the popper then becomes a larger hole as time progresses. Also if pop riveted the alloy rivet then corrodes and falls out
I fitted the carpets as they are supposed to be, then obtained some polycarbonate sheeting, cut to the shape of the floor pan, then affixed poppers to that ,then bought the Spitfire overlay carpets and then press studded to those
So the carpets then never ever move and then you can lift out the poly sheeting with the overlay carpet for cleaning.................and the original carpet is still in the floor and not stuck /poppered down  

What a great idea. Not just a pretty face are you mike!