Jordon T

Hi,

I'm in the process of ordering a moulded carpet set for my Herald 1200. I cant seem to make my mind up on what colour carpet to buy. Its between the Black, grey or Red as my cars Cherry Red with Black trim,

Could i see pictures of your cars with the moulded carpet sets in to help me choose my colour.

Jordan

1218 wrote:
Jordan what are you going to do with the original set for your car?

M.

Hi Mark, I'll probably throw them out or keep them in the shed for sentiment to the car, due to them being the originals. Its only the drivers footwell which is worn the rest of the carpet just needs a good wash and maybe re dying back to the original colour.

Thats a lovely interior you've got there Peter!!

1218 wrote:
Grey or black would be best for your car as the red would clash with the paint.  Grey would be technically correct, but black would match your seats...

M.

I agree Mark, i think the Red carpet would clash.

I did like the Grey set, but i don't want to order one when i having seen one in situ. Also i don't quite know what shade the grey it is.

The Black would match my seats but its just boring! Allot of people seem to go with black.

Does anyone have a grey set fitted to thy're car i could see?

My car is a 13/60 convertible and when I first bought it she had a black carpet set fitted, with black door cards and seats. I however have decided to fit grey carpets and keep the other bits black, I think when an interior is all one colour it loses some of it's appeal. My Jaguar XJ8 had Ivory leather seats, yet it's carpets were a sand colour which worked beautifully, the dash top and door card tops were also the same colour as the carpets. My current Jaguar X Type has grey leather with black carpets, which again works well because it makes the seats and dash area stand out better than if it was all one colour.

Thats what i was think Stu, Is there any possibility of seeing any photos of your Heralds Interior?

I've been look at the prices for these Moulded sets and Fitchetts, Rimmers (due to the NO VAT discount) and Paddocks are all around the £215 price range. Canleys and Newtons them selfs are a good £20 more with postage.

I haven't bought them yet Jordan, and the ones I'm going to fit most likely won't be moulded. The main reason being cost, at the moment I just want to get the car rebuilt an allow me to drive it. I was going to use one of the many available from ebay for around £100 just to get me started, then maybe in a few years when I've got stuff sorted I'll treat her to a moulded set.

heraldhabitat wrote:
I know there a way of reducing them but never had any luck, and I am a computer dunce lol

Open it with microsoft paint, chose select all, then go in to the toolbar and click image and in the drop down select resize/skew. In there you can reduce the size of the picture, but make sure when you save it, you choose a different name otherwise your original will be lost. Then post here :)

I thought about getting the Stitched sets but some of the sets i've seen look apsolutely shocking!!! Also, i suppose once i';ve got a moulded, whilst i keep it clean, it'll last years to come. Hopefully!

heraldhabitat, If you want you can send the picture to my email adress, and i can post it onto this thread for everyones viewing. I'll PM you my email.  ;)

Hi Mark, I don't  need the original set and i'm happy for you to have them. The main section, passenger footwell and gearbox tunnel doesn't show much wear, however they are heavily faded! (this is especially noticeable when compared to the dark green/grey colour under the seats and the light tan colour on the tunnel cover). However the drivers foot well is in very poor condition!

PM me if your still interested and i'll take photos? Thats if i haven't put you off.

I've decided on going for the Boring Black molded set. I've ordered it from James Paddock (my preferred supplier) for just over £200, which is allot, but i suppose once fitted i wont have to replace them anytime soon.

I'll update my restoration thread when its time to fit them.

Thanks for the help guys,

Jordan