BigT-DK

I am going all out and and am replacing all carpets and door seals on my MKII saloon.

carpets:
Original trim is light brown (new tan?) (will have a look at the comm plate later) - seems Rimmers do a light brown and I have also found an Ebay vendor who does complete kits.. (70s tastic Valencia/Brown combo ;D)
Any other options to consider?

seals: I am changing the door seals (which go on the door) and the apperture seals - these of course need to match the carpet.. Rimmers and Woolies also seem to stock a good selection.
I also need to change the drop glass seals..
Any other options to consider?

Lastly Quarterlight seals - are they available or are they like Rocking Horse Poo? Are they easy to fit?

Rgds
D

570 wrote:
Chris Witor also does the door seals... be prepared for one hell of a lose the will to live tedious job to get new ones on...

Unfortunately the repro ones do not have the 90 degree bends for the sharp corners. Too expensive to mould 4 different shapes.

thescrapman wrote:
I failed to sell for £1 a set of brown furflex from a '72 Mk2 Pi at Stoneleigh this year. pretty good nick I thought.

Thought someone would have been interested.

Cheers

Colin

I was too busy promoting WCR40 and did not get time to look round the stands otherwise I might have been interested. :-/

Ted

Re- door seals, Doors are of the car so I have good access..

Think fitting the seals is 1 beer/door project - and best left to a nice summer day ;D

Lots of refitting as everything was taken off before the respray - not looking forward to the roof channel trim...

Archived