10CR 2024

Don Cook

23 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

I have booked the Hotels that Dave and I need, just need to arrange the ferry crossings....undecided about either Dover/Calais or Portsmouth/Le Harve?

Andy and I are having the same debate

1 hour ago, mikeyb said:

Isn't Rouen now one big "clean air zone"?  

Rouen centre is....however we are in the B and B hotel....near the centre but St Etienne Rouvray isnt included ...there is a posting previous showing the boundary

Seeing as you need navigator practice I will link

Edited by Velocita Rosso

8 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Rouen centre is....however we are in the B and B hotel....near the centre but St Etienne Rouvray isnt included ...there is a posting previous showing the boundary

Seeing as you need navigator practice I will link

There you go blind Pugh

On 03/04/2024 at 16:25, Don Cook said:

Mike

Rouen and St Etienne have been discussed, at some length, on another thread: In short, classic cars are exempt in Rouen https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/france/rouen (open the 'Exemptions' box!), and in Sept, St Etienne regulations won't apply to cars.

Thanks that’s really useful 👍🏻

On review of our travel plans Bruce and I are heading out Sunday night on the overnight to Caen to arrive Monday morning - then we have a little time to do touristy stuff and relax before the start on Tuesday. Saves a hotel in England and gives us a day chillin' ! (well thats the plan !) 

• Haha 1

Hi all.

Yes, we've found the same as well. I'm amending the start point to a little way south of Rouen so as to not risk hitting the area by accident.

More info to follow very soon.

Regards

Ellis

• Like 1

For my own peace of mind, I contacted the Certificat.air.gouvr.france, direct and this is the response I received 

contact@certificat-air.gouv.fr

Good morning,

Your vehicle is old: it falls under the less strict anti-pollution standards which result in more polluting technologies. It is not eligible for a certificate.

Cordialement,

Le service de délivrance des certificats qualité de l'air.

www.Certificat-air.gouv.fr

3 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

For my own peace of mind, I contacted the Certificat.air.gouvr.france, direct and this is the response I received 

Good morning,

Your vehicle is old: it falls under the less strict anti-pollution standards which result in more polluting technologies. It is not eligible for a certificate.

Cordialement,

I think that means "Non"?

What is unhelpful is that French registered Classic Cars (over 30 years old) are exempt. But it seems they do not extend that benefit to us Brits. 

That was for the CritAir classification not about low emission zones. My 1968 reg 13/60 also doesn't qualify for a CritAir classification and it has French nationality.

The low emission zones have all, so far, accepted to exclude classics from the restrictions. An old car here can, under certain conditions, be registered as 'collection' as is mine. It is this registration that determines the exemption. Just don't worry about it, everything will be fine. Now I think about it isn't that what the captain of the Titanic said. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rosbif said:

Just don't worry about it, everything will be fine. Now I think about it isn't that what the captain of the Titanic said. 

No ....he said ....anyone got any ice for my Gin?

And again no...not worried about anything, on LEZ or anything else......when you drive a Triumph ....you can expect anything! 

Edited by Velocita Rosso

18 hours ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Good morning,

Cordialement,

How very French !! Our locals contacted the Prefecture when our local Mayor said something similar… after a thorough public finances investigation the mayor was unceremoniously replaced 😆