TR7 carb mounts

Matt306

I have old rubber carb mounts on my TR7 . I read the reviews of new ones being rubbish. I opted for the solid carb mounts from The Dolomite owners club. Cost a smidge under 100 for both carbs.

You'll see the new ones have a proud sealing ring the old ones had gone. A gasket would sort this but this doesn't solve the rubber.

The build and quality excellent and they fitted on easily. The plates come with 4 studs to attach the carb. 

20210517_175853.jpg

20210517_175839.jpg

20210517_175819.jpg

20210517_175800.jpg

20210517_175738.jpg

20210517_175743.jpg

20210517_175757.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Nige T said:

Hi Beans, can I ask where you had them made and what they cost? Is that a thick rubber washer that comes with the alloy piece?

Thanks, Nigel

He is in Europe, so I would guess notthis country

I made a pair. I happened to have a bit of ali the correct thickness. I marked the shape, and then used a holesaw. The shape was cut uing an angle grinder, finished with a flapwheel and file. Holes drilled and counterbored. 

Not as pretty but didn't cost me anything and took a couple of hours on a wet sunday afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I ended up getting the solid aluminium mounts from the Dolomite Club. They cost £102.00, which included £30.00 for the compulsory club membership 🤔. Must say, they are very nicely made and a perfect fit. I was a little concerned regarding what I had read about heat transfer and vibration so I made some gaskets from 1.5mm thick nitrile rubber to fit between the jointing plate and carburettor. Not sure whether this will stop much vibration but will hopefully reduce heat transfer.

• Like 1