Stoneleigh

richard w

Available to take to Stoneleigh. All for 2000/2500.

Pair of inner sills NOS £200
Mk2 grill £50
Pair of mk2 trailing arms £50
2 mk2 2000 dashboards - make me an offer 
Mk2 2000 steering wheel £10
5 steel wheels (13") with decent tyres £40
4 wheel trims £20

20240208_075953.jpg

20240208_080201.jpg

20240208_080331.jpg

20240208_080413.jpg

20240208_080613.jpg

Edited by richard w

What did everyone think to the show?

I enjoyed it apart from the queuing to get in

I thought it was busy, but maybe not as busy as last year.

I was hoping to see some cars for sale, but with the exception of the Modified Spitfire, the TR250 and the TR3A In the Main Entrance Hall I didn't see any others, did I miss anymore?

Gary 

Had a good weekend though as the M42 was closed and a major accident on the A46 which was the alternative route- it took 3 hours for us to arrive on the Saturday in Marmite,it should  have been just 50 mins 🙄

there aren’t usually many if any cars for sale at Stoneleigh  it’s basically an indoor auto jumble.  The NEC in March and November has cars for sale but can be quite pricey there, keep looking Gary 😊

• Like 1

It was a good day & good to catch up with friends, I managed to haemorrhage a bit more money on Spitfire bits.

After being stuck in traffic for an hour last year, I decided to plan ahead. I had taken note of road closures etc & set off early enough to arrive at opening time. The queue was only back to the gate at 9:30.

Edited by Amy Wade
  • Like 2

As ever a good Stoneleigh for me, sold some parts, but the ones I wished to sell did not go....actually ended up giving stuff away!

I really enjoy Stoneleigh, always look upon it as a social as much as anything.

How many Triumph cars parked in the barn set aside for MGs and Triumphs?

• Like 3

I’ve seen lots of moans and grumbles about this event. Its location means that there will be queues at busy times but we didn’t experience any issues with traffic, parking or the perceived lack of marshals. 
Some people just look for things to complain about.

• Like 2

I had a great day. Part of the huge "CT community stall" which seemed to serve up vast amounts of tea to various waifs and strays, as well as feeding them biscuits. 

I was curious about the route my satnag took me, until the reasons became clear. I guess anybody who didn't look at google maps or had a clever satnag would have had issues, but not exactly rocket science.

As others who had stalls have said, it all seemed to have worked fine. Our stall was reallocted slightly, no bad thing as it was bigger than anticipated. 

I sold/rehomed some stuff, didn't buy any Triumph parts but did stock up on some thinners,brake cleaner and bought some nice Presto drill bits. I'll be back next year.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fixer6 said:

I’ve seen lots of moans and grumbles about this event. Its location means that there will be queues at busy times but we didn’t experience any issues with traffic, parking or the perceived lack of marshals. 
Some people just look for things to complain about.

I enjoyed the weekend, we just were unlucky in that our usual route on M42 was closed at junction 6 exit for a bridge demolition  so we had to go further down the m6 onto the A46 and there was an accident  with 2 Lorries and a car just before the Stoneleigh turn off causing a 10 mile tailback on the Saturday, just purely bad luck 

Edited by Wendy Dawes
  • Like 1

Fun event. I turned up late to avoid the queues and already had my day made by spotting these two Telford beauties in the car park. Screenshot_20240211-212951.thumb.png.204a5539cdb33c58f3470d3ea83d1969.pngThanks! Got a couple of good parts needed for my Vitesse. Had half hoped to find a bunch of bits for my MG ZT as that's far more trouble than my Triumphs but only seemed to be MGF/TF bits from that era.

• Like 3

On 12/02/2024 at 19:38, Wendy Dawes said:

I enjoyed the weekend, we just were unlucky in that our usual route on M42 was closed at junction 6 exit for a bridge demolition  so we had to go further down the m6 onto the A46 and there was an accident  with 2 Lorries and a car just before the Stoneleigh turn off causing a 10 mile tailback on the Saturday, just purely bad luck 

I think the complaints were about traffic on Sunday morning. We were heading towards Coventry in the opposite direction to you and saw the queues, I sympathise.

• Thanks 1

I drove down from Fife on Saturday. No problems..

Great to catch up with Colin and Dave in the evening.

Getting back on Sunday was a bit 'fun' .. The M42, M5, and M6 were all shut at one point!

One Question.. (not aimed at any of us as we are all excellent drivers I'm sure ..) WHY do people insist on sitting in the third lane at a constant 55mph when the inside two lanes are empty!!! At least some of them were kind enough to put their fog lights on so I could spot them a mile away in the bright sunshine!.. And I spotted exactly ONE Police vehicle on my 370-mile return trip (and that was in Auchtermuchty 5 minuted from home)😃

• Like 1