phillip ridley

Quoted from phillip ridley
hello its a camshaft driven pump don't no if there's a way of testing fuel pressure but I will test the float tomorrow in water to see if it lines up ok with the valve thanks Iain

I fitted a replacement pump a couple of years ago and that was iintermittently putting out 9 LB of pressure,  The new pumps are not as good as the originals. I used a pressure gauge fitted to the pump outlet and ran the car with what petrol was left in the float bowls to get the reading.  I have since fitted an electric pump and not looked back.

The trouble started after I fitted a new fuel line and fuel tank wile fuel was being drawn from a petrol can I never had this problem now it's coming from the tank so that could be it there's no real work for the pump to draw from the tank than a bottle with no vent ( forgot to mention the new tank and pipe😏 ) so the pump could be the problem but I will check everything els mentioned thanks everybody

if you have the float with two valve arms its easy to fit the float upsidedown

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/CarbsII/CarbsII.htm

have a browse at  this site , float height is 18mm from face.

yes look for slivers of rubber from fitting the hoses to the tubes , they float around in the supply pipes and block the back of the new valve

Pete

Hi everyone thanks for all the help with the fuel problem it's sorted now thanks to all. I stripped the float as advised there was a kink in the plate the float fastens to and a little dirt under the valve so straitened the plate cleaned the base of the valve now leak is gone thanks again . Here is a pic of her not looking like a basket case anymore