Accelerator/Carb linkage - where to purchase from

Rubce

Hi All

The wife has been complaining recently that the accelerator pedal on her GT6 (late Mark 3) was soft. When I checked it out today, for the first third of its travel, the pedal is not actually activating the carbs. All its doing is taking up the slack/wear in the various components which form the linkage from the cable to the horizontal rod which connects the two carbs.

So my question is, where can I obtain a new/refurbished set of acclerator linkage? I can't see it in the Rimmers cataloge and Paddocks only list a few of the clips.

Apart from shortening the throttle cable, has anyone got any good suggestions please

Thanks

Bruce

It's true.
The accelerator linkage (the big assembly bolted to the intake manifold) gets wear in all the little arms and articulations.  Progressively, pushing the gas pedal results in all the little arms & articulations moving left & right more than up & down.  Repair is not straight forward, as it's not assembled with threaded fasteners.

Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my question. Yes some slack can be removed by adjusting the screwed section at the carb end of the cable. However, I have already done that to the maximum and we still have a accelerator pedal which travels a third of its distance BEFORE the total of the wear is taken up in all the linkage pivots etc :'(. As "Rotoflex" has commenetd, the linkages move sideways as they wear :-/.

Regards

Bruce

I am on my second, a used one with little use that came attached to an intake manifold I bought.

This one is at the point where it really needs to be replaced, & I'm sort of at a loss.
It's not the sort of thing I can repair with pop rivets.  It may need new parts made, and/or nylon/brass sleeves.  Adapting some other type of linkage has not looked to me very simple.  It likely would need to be one of the type with a progressive cam and lever.

Archived