Sorry to start a new thread but my previous Accuspark thread no longer seems to be the issue, it is more about the coil now.

Having taken the 12v feed from the fusebox to the coil, I get a reading of 12v at the coil + and - with the ignition on and 1.5 ohms of resistance. Does this mean I have bypassed the ballast wire? If so, do I need a 12v 3ohms coil??

I have measure 12v at the king lead with ignition on (and got a decent shock from it) but just no spark. Not sparking at all.

Any help or advice??

Thanks,

Barry

I dont think it matters if you have fitted a 12v or 6v coil at this time.The issue seems to me to be that there is no spark when cranking.The ballast resistor being bypassed should'nt change this just the strength of the spark.
If the coil is registering 12v then power is getting to it,if its still not sparking then the only other thing I'd have thought would be that when cranking the power is being cut...this would mean a fault from the 12v supply feed?

Anyone tell me if my theory sounds right so I dont start leading Barry in the wrong direction?

Cheers
Alex

Put a light bulb in line on the negative side of the coil and see if it flashes on and off when you crank if it doesn't there is a problem in your dissie (or ignition triggering) if it does have you tried a new rotor arm (sorry I have not been following thread just jumped in here).

I replaced the coil and distributor for my GT6 with electronic (SimonBBC - is that Accuspark?) and had to fit it differently since drive on dizzy was different than Original.  Needed to adjust dizzy to fire on no.1 cyl which makes rotor arm way off where it was originally.  ie 180 degrees out.
If you already did that please ignore....

Well I just want to thank everyone for of their help, advice, time and patience.

I know have a beautifully running spitfire. Never idled to well and doesn't miss a beat.

I'm not sure what finally did it because I changed the coil, leads, plugs and dizzy cap!!! It then started first time.

Just need to keep fingers crossed for MOT on Tuesday now.

Thanks again everyone.

Barry

3647 wrote:
Well I just want to thank everyone for of their help, advice, time and patience.

I know have a beautifully running spitfire. Never idled to well and doesn't miss a beat.

I'm not sure what finally did it because I changed the coil, leads, plugs and dizzy cap!!! It then started first time.

Just need to keep fingers crossed for MOT on Tuesday now.

Thanks again everyone.

Barry

Well done for sticking at it Barry.
Once its mot'd it may be worth you swapping the bits back one at a time so you know what it was and which bits to hang onto as spares.

Good luck with the mot!!

Alex