classic british sportscar trim

Marc F

OK, sorry have been busy.
I assume this is the guy who advertises as 'SEATS' in various mags.
I used him for a GT6 a few years ago. Leather facing and PVC backs. A good job.
he is quite a bit cheaper than the usual suppliers, but he does not use purpose cut foams, preferring to 'stuff' extra in on top. The look is Ok, but they are not as good as the original for comfort.

Sorry Iain, it was just a small classified style ad in PC within the TSSC larger ad section. And it caught my eye as it seems to be around 1/3rd of the price of Newton in leather, which is obviously attractive, but I am always wary of the "you get what you pay for" adage.

If you are going to do them yourself use Park Lane Classics to supply the covers and foams. Owen who runs it has a very good reputation for the quality of his stuff and the comprehensive instructions, as you will find if you do a search on the forum against Park Lane Classics. I believe he also does leather covers now as well and is much cheaper than Newton etc.

My seats are Mk3 and I believe he does not do them - only the later seats.

And the metal frames on mine are looking sorry, so this is clearly going to be an ongoing saga of misery until they end up looking lovely again. Sigh...

But I will contact him and see if he restores the frames as well and will update on progress.

I got a quote from a local trimmers (took my original seats/frames inc occasional rear seat...GT6 mk3) for them all to be fully re-furb'd...foams/frames/covers

...When he told me price, i couldn't believe how reasonable (about 650 iirc) for leather and a suede type (not alcantara) center. Both seats and the rear and all covers made/cut in the shop...!! (and pretty much whatever colour you could want)

He was doing a pair of TR6 seats at that time in black leather piped in blue and they looked really nice.

This was a couple of months after I got a price from NC for just the 2 front seats in plain black vinyl for £900..!!!  ??)

Got to get round to getting them done soon, so will let you know when/once its happening - although what are supposed to be temporary 'retro style classic buckets' are very comfy  :)

Marc - Haven't actually used them yet.... Only been to the unit and had chat (took seats with me so they could see what they were going to be working to).

He was about 3/4's done on the second TR6 seat (mentioned above) when i was there, and the finished one looked really good.

They were going to use my original covers as a template for the new and allow for any little personal changes - eg; if you wanted higher sides to base for additional support etc...

I am going to be taking my seats to them in next week or two, so if you want to wait and have a look at mine finished before you makes your choice, that is ok - www.trimmenduz.com (website is basic) Boss man is called Phil and his Dad still does a bit too.