correct clips for centre chrome trim

sprtz

Afraid they're not available, at least not via any source I've found.
I've ordered clips which looked promising from some of my wholesalers, but nothing has been workable. I've seen others supplied through the Triumph trade which are simply unsuitable, despite being marketed as correct.

Cheers,
Bill.

Bill if the correct clips are not available then do you have any suggestions on how to fit the horseshoe trims and the front strip on a 13/60 bonnet as I am sure you have come up against this problem yourself. I have just sent my car in today for paint so will soon be in a position to start fitting the shiny stuff back on.

Cheers

Alan.

heraldcoupe wrote:
Afraid they're not available, at least not via any source I've found.
I've ordered clips which looked promising from some of my wholesalers, but nothing has been workable. I've seen others supplied through the Triumph trade which are simply unsuitable, despite being marketed as correct.

Cheers,
Bill.

With the last one I worked on, we salvaged as many good clips as possible from old trims. The contingency plan, had we not managed to salvage enough clips, was to use a polyurethane sealant/adhesive to hold the trim in place.
We were lucky in having a decent number of spare trims to scavenge from, most owners would need to resort to the sealant somewhat earlier.

The original clip isn't common to much else, which is why it's not been reproduced. It took many years of badgering to get the clips for the central spear trim remade,

Cheers,
Bill.

Thanks Bill.

heraldcoupe wrote:
With the last one I worked on, we salvaged as many good clips as possible from old trims. The contingency plan, had we not managed to salvage enough clips, was to use a polyurethane sealant/adhesive to hold the trim in place.
We were lucky in having a decent number of spare trims to scavenge from, most owners would need to resort to the sealant somewhat earlier.

The original clip isn't common to much else, which is why it's not been reproduced. It took many years of badgering to get the clips for the central spear trim remade,

Cheers,
Bill.