Will a Stag steering wheel fit 2500s?

Greeks

Great. The sun and a three-year-old aspiring Stirling Moss have ravaged my current wheel and no local auto trimmers will do wheels ... not worth the 'risk' apparently!

If I can find a decent dolly, Stag or 2500S to replace it will do fine.

ferny wrote:
You can always do a Davemate and have a go yourself? You'll probably have finger tips like granite afterwards though.

I did it over three evenings,spread over a week !
First night- first section --- then wait two days for fingers tips to stop hurting
Had to wait three days after the second one !

I had quotes of over £150 to recover my wheel,which is why I did it myself

I can get it redone nicely for equivalent of about 110 of those funny English pounds... cheaper than any viable alternative wheel unless I can find a vgc original.

Looks like it's 50 quid to buy the leather alone if I wanted to do it myself.

Greeks wrote:
I can get it redone nicely for equivalent of about 110 of those funny English pounds... cheaper than any viable alternative wheel unless I can find a vgc original.

Looks like it's 50 quid to buy the leather alone if I wanted to do it myself.

I used this chap,send hiim a message telling him the size you want and he will make it and send it for the £25
I measured my wheel and took 5mm off and gave him that finger,so it was a tight fit
The cover has a hemed edge and he supplies a needle and thread !

No connection with him other than it's who I got mine from

Ha ha ... Mr Steering gets everywhere don't he?  ;)

You're right, it was $50 not 50 quids.

... should someone warn him about the advert for the 'Quality Black Italian' ... Jemery Claxon might get in trouble buying a container load.  :X

I've had one of these made for the Spit and one for the S. Although not leather , a good product.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/PositionTrack.aspx?pos=11&sn=13-55&sci=10895683&r=L21vdG9ycy9jYXItcGFydHMtYWNjZXNzb3JpZXMvdmludGFnZS1wYXJ0cy9hY2Nlc3Nvcmllcy9hdWN0aW9uLTc2MjExODg4OS5odG0=

Tony.

nang wrote:
I've had one of these made for the Spit and one for the S. Although not leather , a good product.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/PositionTrack.aspx?pos=11&sn=13-55&sci=10895683&r=L21vdG9ycy9jYXItcGFydHMtYWNjZXNzb3JpZXMvdmludGFnZS1wYXJ0cy9hY2Nlc3Nvcmllcy9hdWN0aW9uLTc2MjExODg4OS5odG0=

Tony.

Hmmm ... I'm thinking leather would be nicer and about the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

Better than marsupial it seems is just to get another one from Chris Witor. When that one starts wearing out I can sew a leather cover on the original.

... my car is turning into Trigger's broom.

Ok, ok, I admit it I couldn't resist it...