Just to think that since 1974 this evening every two years the first Thursday in October of every even numbered year is usually the last night of fettling as the majority of RBRR entrants get ready in the morning to head off to the start.

Just to think that tomorrow afternoon, the first Friday in October of every even year that all RBRR entrants get together for the start of the RBRR.

Just to think.....

Just to think, next Monday, the day after the RBRR is usually the day that many wake up and think, blast, two years to go. This year is different, one year to go!

Trying to put a positive slant on it!

I was out in one of my Triumph cars today and thought, how nice it would be to have a lovely long drive.....next year!

This years London Marathon will be a 'virtual' event with people running around their gardens etc.

This afternoon I shall get the map out and start a virtual RBRR - hour by hour on the dinning room table.  Sue will be doing the night time virtual driving (this is a good as she can't drive)

I suspect we will have no breakdowns  - unless I spill the coffee on the map.

The weather looks shit but it doesn't matter in my virtual tropical world (we have an orchid on the window sill)

Can't wait for Sunday teatime to get back to normality.

Roger

+1 for the Freelander 1140 series GKN uprated UJs with the longer needle rollers. I have these on the 4A prop shaft ( driveshafts are CV jointed). I couldn't agree more with Tim's sentiments, I was just thinking that instead of sitting enjoying my twenty third breakfast right now  in the Seaview Hotel I am stuck at home in SG5. The only slight consolation is that we would have had awful weather for most of the Run. I took the car for MoT last week, a pass with no advisories of course, and noted that I had done only 600 miles since the last one, my lowest annual mileage ever in the TR. The MoT hadn't expired so I took the long way to the test station and back to stretch the car's legs, it has never run better and just confirmed what I had been missing.

Let's hope we can look forward to a record breaking twenty seventh RBRR this time nest year.

Stay safe everyone,

Tim

Hi Folks,

my virtual RBRR has gone well but the weather has been very bad. I should have put the roof up before JoG.

We arrived at JoG on time as there were no virtual traffic jams or road works.

However it is pouring down (I just looked out of the living room window).

So we are now off through deepest darkest Scotishland.

It would be nice to see some virtual Red Deer Stags (Monarch of the Glen).

So as it is virtual we will. Plus all the other rare things up there here - Otter, Crested Tit, Beaver Lynx.  etc

I hope we do not have a virtual breakdown.

Report back tomorrow

Roger

Nice words, Tim.

Blimey, 600 miles....

I MOT'd my TR6 on Thursday at my fave garage in Staines and then went to Uckfield to pick up my GT6's gearbox from 'Pete the gearbox', Clive S's mate.

The car has not been running that well recently as one of the injectors was playing up. Changed the injector now have full revs. 

About to head back into the garage and fit the gearbox back into the GT6. Can't wait to drive her again, it was going better than ever before the gearbox decided to start loosing oil, not sure why as not a lot wrong with her according to Pete.

Good luck with the UJs, Pete.