Quoted from roger keys
On the last round britain run, someone did a sat nav file for the actual route.

This was most excellent and certainly helped us, allowing more sleeping time.

Has anyone done one for this years event? And if so, would they be willing to share????

Roger,

I am doing one again for anyone with a Garmin Nuvi SatNav as mentioned in my earlier post:-

"These days I use the SatNav as my primary navigation system, but for a run like the RBRR this is not simply a matter of entering the post codes of the various halts.

After getting the road book I boot up my computer with Google Maps & the Garmin Base Camp program. Every road & turn is traced from the road book using the satellite aerial photos to check any details not shown on the maps (eg the specific location of a stop) and the detailed route is created in the Base Camp map.

Maps of each sector are printed from the computer and then the route is uploaded onto the SatNav & we are ready to go.

All this takes a some hours work, but makes life a lot easier on the run. Since the large scale computer maps have been studied in detail I form a good mental picture of where we are going reducing the risk of getting lost

If anyone would like a copy route in Garmin format, please contact me via PM (please include your entry no)"

Cheers

Howard

Ferny / Andy

I just cross checked the posted CSV file against mine (I have ended up with POI's in the middle of the Indian Ocean before now!) to double check the locations. The copy posted is missing the Kinross and Carter Bar stops.

Please find attached my CSV file. All the locations were crosschecked using Google Earth satellite/street view to ensure that they are correct except for Westonzoyland Airfield. There are two entrances to the site about 1km apart & I haven't had a chance to sort out which one is correct. The location in the CSV file will take you one entrance, but it may be the wrong one

Cheers

Howard

Quoted from cook1e
Not a route, but I have done a Sat Nav file with the control stops in Tom Tom format. It's untested though as my Tom Tom packed up last night!

Th ov2 and associated bmp files for uploading as a POI file on tom tom sat navs are included.

Cookie,  
     I remember from 2014 to make the files work both need to have the same file name.
Also Ferny is right WZL on yours is in Belgium  
-)

Quoted from That Man
I've done a GPX file for this years run if that's of any use to anyone, I know which file types my TomTom uses but not what files other sat navs use.

If others can use it, please check I haven't missed anything.

Gordon

P.S
It's in a zip as it was a bit large

Is that the full route as per the road book

Quoted from Howard

Roger,

I am doing one again for anyone with a Garmin Nuvi SatNav as mentioned in my earlier post:-

"These days I use the SatNav as my primary navigation system, but for a run like the RBRR this is not simply a matter of entering the post codes of the various halts.

After getting the road book I boot up my computer with Google Maps & the Garmin Base Camp program. Every road & turn is traced from the road book using the satellite aerial photos to check any details not shown on the maps (eg the specific location of a stop) and the detailed route is created in the Base Camp map.

Maps of each sector are printed from the computer and then the route is uploaded onto the SatNav & we are ready to go.

All this takes a some hours work, but makes life a lot easier on the run. Since the large scale computer maps have been studied in detail I form a good mental picture of where we are going reducing the risk of getting lost

If anyone would like a copy route in Garmin format, please contact me via PM (please include your entry no)"

Cheers

Howard

Howard, thanks for you kind offer. You have PM