Just wondered today if it would be possible to do a calendar featuring some Round Britain cars.
Perhaps some group shots or something?
Then dependant on what they could be printed for they could be sold to whoever wanted them at a small profit with proceeds going to RNLI.
With 100 cars starting it could be a nice little sum.

Might be a nice way of making a few extra ££'s for RNLI and perhaps RBRR entrants could submit thier own pictures?

Would it be possible? would any one buy one?

Unfortunately I wouldnt know how to do this but I'm sure theres some very arty people using this forum that could.

Cheers Alex

Seems a great idea in outline.

Logistically it would require someone with photoshop skills to put the photos together into months, and with 120 cars that is 10 per month which isn't to bad and would allow each car to be seen quite well.

The photos would need to be of a certain quality, and many of the entrants either choose to not frequent the forum or don't have web access.  Therefore the logistics of getting photos in a suitable format could be tricky.

However, I'm sure we could create something.  TBH a CT calender of members cars doing events backed by CT is a great idea, even if it isn't just RBRR based.

I think if we're to do an RBRR specific calender then we have plenty of time.  The RBRR is in October which gives time to get a group photo at the start and then for members to submit photos in the weeks after the event to be collated into a 2009 calender.

If it is to be done then I would suggest someone like James is asked to head it, as he is CTs resident designer and has the necessary computer programmes and skills to create it.

There are websites where you just submit 12 pictures and they send you a calendar for a consideration.

I have a Classic lemans 2007 Photo Journal on my desk copurtesy of www.vistaprint.co.uk

Really ought to replace it with a 2008 calendar, but the pictures are good!

Cheers

Colin

the main issue with this is quality of image - and having enough of them... having done things like the events calendar in the past - i know it's quite difficult to get even a few decent images. most of them were usually my own that i had taken - not because i am an amazing photographer but that i had a decent file size to begin with.

Archived