Car 18, my toledo, has died on the way to the start. Oil filter popped off a bit, lost all the oil on the motorway, zero oil pressure.
Gill (the missus, bless her) came along with a new oil filter in double quick time, but once fitted the damage was evident. Knackered bearings at least :'( :'(

Makes me feel like I am not supposed to do the RBRR at all.........

I hope I have pulled all the bad luck though, and everybody else has a trouble free trip 8)

spent yesterday taking the engine out of the Toledo, and swapping the sump and a few bits over onto the "spare" engine. Hampered by rain, and an overwhelming sense that we should be somewhere else :B
Here is the result of the investigations
And that is the remains of number 4 big end......

Clive - I really feel gutted for you.
We nearly didn't make it to the start either.  The nearside front wheel bearing failed in the p!ssing rain on the M25, 3 miles from the plough.
However, I called ahead and by the time I limped the car in to the Plough at 15mph, Tim had located a replacement bearing set, trolley jack etc..
In true Club Triumph tradition, tools, advice, and help appeared from all directions, and we were up and running by 8PM.

Don't you mean

bodders1 wrote:

In true Club Triumph tradition, pi55 taking , tools, advice, and help appeared from all directions, and we were up and running by 8PM.
   ;D

It was good to see you up at Edinburgh as we didn't know whther you would actually start, when we left the Plough you still hadn't got the knackered bearing off the stub axle.

Shame you didn't make it Clive. When we spun off in the highlands after our "Stag incident" I had visions of us doing the same as you did last year in the Zetec Spit, we were very very lucky.

Archived