royboy66 wrote:
Hey John !  Be good to meet you at stupid o clock somewhere down there !  ;D

Come say hello , may be a bit red eyed though!

Roy  8)

It will be really good to meet you Roy and I'll certainly do my best to be at the Okehampton Control to lend my support and encouragement. I think it is a tremendous undertaking and a credit to all who are taking part in whatever capacity.

I'll be happy to pass on my telephone number, just drop me a PM.

John

That's brilliant John, it'll be great to get some support at this new stop.  

We'll all be our second night without sleep by the time we get to you, (unless you're like Mike Bishop and can sleep for 8 hours solid with the car on the move!) so you'll have to excuse the haggard and knackered faces! (Although some of us look like that all the time! ;D)

Look forward to seeing you.  :)

391 wrote:
That's brilliant John, it'll be great to get some support at this new stop.  

We'll all be our second night without sleep by the time we get to you, (unless you're like Mike Bishop and can sleep for 8 hours solid with the car on the move!) so you'll have to excuse the haggard and knackered faces! (Although some of us look like that all the time! ;D)

Look forward to seeing you.  :)

Likewise Radders. I've done one or two endurance events myself and I know the feeling. I also know how seeing a friendly face can lift the flagging spirits.

Thing I can't get my head round is how can the whole entry get through the control if it is only open for an hour between 05.07 and 06.07hrs? Perhaps someone could explain to me how it works.

With many thanks

John

John Bonnett wrote:

Thing I can't get my head round is how can the whole entry get through the control if it is only open for an hour between 05.07 and 06.07hrs? Perhaps someone could explain to me how it works.

I'm hoping they form a orderly queue, but somehow i doubt it. ;D

100 cars in 60 minutes that's a whole 36 seconds to sign each road book,with two people, simiples  ;)

John, me and Steve hope to be there around 4 o'clock, i believe they open form breakfast at 7.00

Gordon

That_Man wrote:

I'm hoping they form a orderly queue, but somehow i doubt it. ;D

100 cars in 60 minutes that's a whole 36 seconds to sign each road book,with two people, simiples  ;)

John, me and Steve hope to be there around 4 o'clock, i believe they open form breakfast at 7.00

Gordon

All being well, I'll be there and will join you for breakfast if I may.

timbancroft61 wrote:
Sorry John, Breakfast is at Lands End, not Okehampton.

Yes, everyone does indeed form an orderly queue.

The system does work. :)

True, but for marshals and anyone who is around Okehampton (probably not RBRR entrants) the food services there open at around 7am. So we'll probably hang around there for breakfast before heading over to Bude to see the cars come through in daylight.

Steve