Well done everybody

Keith

Congrats to everyone who got round, or even part way round. Having done the past two I know what it takes to do the 10CR, I gave it a miss this time and I'm not sure if I'm envious or not, the night time drives are a hard slog but some of the driving during the day is brilliant. Maybe 2009!

Keith

Once again, well done everyone and thank you for making it a fantasic event. It's been a pleasure to organise and very satisfying seeing it all come together over the last few days. I'll be sending out a brief questionnaire to get some valuable feedback on the run from the entrants.

What a brilliant club this is...  CLUB TRIUMPH - The club that does !!!

thanks for a fun few days. we car55 only managed 4 countries, as we whimped out in italy (and came back via france). But we really enjoyed it, libby now wants a gt6 and we both want to try to do the next one! As 'tour virgins' we were made very welcome and made lots new friends,
thnks again for great time!
mike and libby
herald 13/60,

Just got up after a 12hr sleep!  Feeling much better now  ;D

What an awesome weekend.  I've got loads to tell about it all but I'm raring to get back into the garage and finish the Stag, so for now I'll just say this . . . . .

The biggest thing that made this weekend (and other CT events) such a great success is the people.  Fair respect to Ellis and the organising team for doing such a great job, but thanks also to everyone who took part.

For Ivi and I, it was all of you that made this event great for us - making new friends, catching up with old friends, helping each other out through times of stress . . . for me that is what it is all about.

You are all a great bunch, without all the advice and support from the forum, the Stag would still have been rotting away in a lock up now and without all the cameradie  and support on the 10CR the TR7 would still be waiting to be recovered from somewhere in Europe, instead she made it back!!

It is our privilege to have met and to be involved with you all - thank you!

There's nothing quite like a night drive through sleepy continental towns in the fog with nothing around but other Triumphs!

Great event, great people and great routes - OK so we couldn't do anything over 5000 feet but that didn't stop us taking in some breathtaking scenery.

Well done to us all, even those who's country count was less than 10 or who didn't do it all. We always learn lots for next time on these events, everyday's a school day :-)

I agree with Jason, great time, even though we only got as far as Morez - great camaraderie- now looking forward to the next 10CR (not sure about RBRR yet). Many lessons learnt, not least check, double check and check again the rear wheel bearings!!!

Otherwise the car was on song - didn't misss abeat, overheat or make any other strange noises!

Yes, hear hear, echo the above etc... VERY impressed with everyones willingness to help, and in particular Roy and Jules' patience waiting for us for a few hours on the top of stelvio while we fixed our fuel probelm on the Gavia pass. It must have been terrible to have to sit up there eating and drinking in the sun for so long! Then waiting for us again and sorting out some last minute short accomodation at the bottom of the pass a few more hours later.

Cant believe how well some of the cars go, mine seemed to be carried along with the excitment of the event and at some points it felt like someone had secretly insalled a 2.5 while I wasn't looking, excellent pickup from 60 to 80 mph made quick passing of other traffic on the A roads great fun.

Cheers to Tim for 'keeping an eye' as it were on us, just checking with the odd txt and call that we were still ok and somewhat on route.

Great to have a real shakedown of the car too, now I have a good idea what needs to be done to the car, and whats fine as it is, I cant believe some people have these cars and don't use them. The feeling of blasting through italian passes and all those tunnels is second to none, the 'public' are so appreciative too, we must have been beeped, nodded to, smiled at, clapped and thumbed-up about 500 times! I found most drivers (appart from the Belgians!) let us stay in convoy on the motorways, hanging back a bit or flashing us out (or out the way on the autobahn! funny moment making an X5 brake from about 130 to 70 accidentally! whoops!)

Next events! LeMans 08, RBRR 08.. wohoo!

Archived