You don't have to wait for the Ten Counties Run, just go on a road trip with a few mates.  It'll be a lot of fun and you can make your own schedule.

You could even organise your own event if you felt like it. I'm sure other people would be interested.

I often wonder why some classic cars only seem to get used for car club events.  You can jump in them and go anywhere you like whenever you want to!!

GT6_User_and_Abuser wrote:
Im 24, so all my local friends have babies, or are married, or have babies on the way.

I like charge around with a group of looneys in cool cars and have fun!

Lol, I'm only 28 (ish) and most of my married friends are only too glad of an excuse to get out of the house for a day or two!  Camping  / walking in the Peak District last Saturday, Cosford air show Sunday, road trip to the Oban area this coming weekend, some Jap car show thing in a few weeks, there's a lake district weekend and south coast sailing event on the cards too, not to mention the weekly mountain biking jaunts,  the list keeps getting longer.  One lad even wants me to drive him to some car show in the 2000.  It's as if they just don't want to be at home!  ;D

Seriously, I bet if you were to decide on a date for an informal continental trip later this summer and publicise it on the forums, you'd get a few takers who'd come along.

HMmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybes, I am going europe in late july. I was considering the idea of organising a group Triumphs going on a winter VUNTERLAND tour skiing for a few days. But I dont think most people would be happy about driving on salty italian roads in their summer cars, and I know some people cant ski!

GT6_User_and_Abuser wrote:
Im 24, so all my local friends have babies, or are married, or have babies on the way.

Thats because you live up north, it gets dark in teh middle of the day and there is f**k all else to do up there.

Move down south, I've not lost too many mates yet and we all still have all our Triumphs.

Though I am a bit worried about MikeyB it has to be said..........  ;)

Colin

thescrapman wrote:

Thats because you live up north, it gets dark in teh middle of the day and there is f**k all else to do up there.

Though I am a bit worried about MikeyB it has to be said..........  ;)

Colin

Hmmmmmm, might be to do with the lack of jobs and need for free council housing, and the general stupidity of our local female population.
Im always worried about mikey, he sounds funny.

"Seriously, I bet if you were to decide on a date for an informal continental trip later this summer and publicise it on the forums, you'd get a few takers who'd come along."

I would bet the very opposite! Been tried many times on this and TSSC forums. As has been sugested - just pack your car and head off to Dover.

GT6_Don wrote:
"Seriously, I bet if you were to decide on a date for an informal continental trip later this summer and publicise it on the forums, you'd get a few takers who'd come along."

I would bet the very opposite! Been tried many times on this and TSSC forums. As has been sugested - just pack your car and head off to Dover.

Thought about that.....and take in Spa on the way/way back, but theres no takers at the moment

it would be difficult for most to free up time for a trip with short notice, I have several trips planned this year, inc the RBRR. this leaves me with little time and little money for other trips.

I am seriously going to have to cut down on my trips next year to allow me and the other half a decent holiday abroad.

So next year its the Auto Carrerra and 10CR. I may not even get a bike trip next year  :'(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived