Most interesting cars spotted on the route.

GreenV8Machine

RussellBanyard wrote:
We were following a V8 Jeep up the first part of Pordoi pass, not particularly interesting, until this happened ...

I was worried it was Rob! We pulled over shortly after to make sure he was ok, but he was just buying a hat.  ;D

Don't forget the cow you passed. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150305961060689&l=28daf6d5d6

We were amazed how long they drove it for after it happened. Must have been at least a couple of miles, which included passing some bewildered local Polizia.

ferny wrote:

Don't forget the cow you passed. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150305961060689&l=28daf6d5d6

:) - at the time I didn't notice quite how bleak the landscape beyond was. The cow is probably thinking 'what on earth are you doing here'.

Burnerboy was passed by a Red Ferrari 360, a silver 360 Spider, a Lamborghini Diabalo SV a Black Ferrari 360, Porche 911 GT3, Nissian GTR all in convoy with a BMW Z4, VW Scirocco and a new Civic TypeR all in convoy.... And  only woke up as the last one passed him!  :P all just before the tunnels about 1/2hr away from the Stelvio and by god did they sound awesome in there!.

Also got passed by a TVR Tamora and Ferrari 612 Spaglietti or whatever it's called while fixing Adams Acclaim, both obviously gathered we were petrol heads and gave it some beans as they passed, whoaa! Another small accident may have happened down below!.

Most disturbingly was at the top of one of the Italian Passes, a big gunmetal grey 4x4 that appeared to have broken down, with a Big saloon like a Chrysler 300c in the same colour parked very close infront and behind, with lots of very immaculately dressed blokes in suits and shades around. suprisingly I didn't want to look too close as it may have been one of the last things I ever saw! On second thoughts broken down or maybe just collecting horses heads :X

[quote=yamapinto]Burnerboy was passed by a Red Ferrari 360, a silver 360 Spider, a Lamborghini Diabalo SV a Black Ferrari 360, Porche 911 GT3, Nissian GTR all in convoy with a BMW Z4, VW Scirocco and a new Civic TypeR all in convoy.... And  only woke up as the last one passed him!  :P all just before the tunnels about 1/2hr away from the Stelvio and by god did they sound awesome in there!.

We were being followed by this group up the road to Stelvio as well, that is until we came to the part where the road surface turned into gravel at the road works, we Triumph boys kept going at normal speed while the speed merchants behind tippy toed at a snails pace over that section :P :P :P, we did pull over to let them pass once we got onto a good road surface, the sound as they roared past was awesome!

GT6_User_and_Abuser wrote:
Me and Garry saw some interesting cars including beating the crap out of a french Etype, seeing the Lotus Elise club having an outing up the Gotthard and meeting a Growler coming down a pass heading in Italy.

Anything else spotted?

You saw a growler?  

I thought the motto of the 10CR was "Keep Calm and no Fannying About"

Archived