10CR Reunion - final call

Raider

At the request of a mate of mine here is a final reminder.

All Club members are welcome to a gathering of 10CR veterans (!), but beware, if you weren't on the 10CR - you won't get a word in edge ways!

Location etc as below - first arrivals will be about 12PM for lunch.

Quote:
the Neville Arms in Medbourne is great.

It's between Market Harbrough (Leics.) and Uppingham (Rutland) on the B664.

8) 8) 8)

Mr Raider

Are you bringing the "7" so yours can let mine know it's daft for blowing up and what it missed out on....  ::) ::) ::)  whilst we're eating ???

More details on the pub if anyone is interested.... and a map link
http://www.regularsreunited.co.uk/pubs/20948/

Cheers all and see you tomorrow  ;D ;D

:B err, no.

I have taken mine off the road for the winter (cringe, cringe, ducking to avoid the brickbats).::)

Have you thought about me welding on a new roof panel on to my 7, you donating your sprint engine into it and us getting Andy to drive it on this new RAC event as a Club Triumph entry?

No, neither have I! ;D 

Poor show Mr Raider.....  I think we may have to de-face your Audi with Triumph stickers tomorrow !!!  I thought you were waiting until the end of the month to take it off the road. You still have a few days !!!

Keith... We're leaving Potters Bar around 10am and using the A1. As I think we'll be the only two cars travelling up at this time / route, do you want to try and meet up ???  Drop me an e-mail if so..... ellis@triumphtr7.co.uk

• 8 years later...

How about a 2003 re-union - on the 2013 10CR 8)

Original entrants from back in the day

1 Martin Randle  Mat Wilkinson TR7
2 Tim Hunt Mark Irwing TR4A
3 Andrew Pearce Ben Hobson 2500
4  Ellis Stokes  Keith Compton-Bishop TR7 Sprint
5  Tim Bancroft Richard Arthurs GT6
6  Doug Crutchfield Mary Crutchfield TR2
7  David Walker Carrie Walker 2500
8  Quentin Birkinshaw Mark Brady Dolomite 1500 HL
9  Mike Sloan Kate Sloan TR4
10 Graham Reeks  Andy McDonald 2000
11 Jason Chinn Dave Pearson Stretch Herald
12  Barry McGrath Dean Martin Acclaim
13  Doug Foreman Colin Jenner GT6
14 Andy Johnson Sarah Johnson Herald 1200 (The famous White Tornado)
15  Andy Flexney Paul Darbyshire TR3A (The famous Yellow Missile)
Last minute addition at the Plough!  Don Cook GT6

The stretch is long gone I suspect, It was bought to take the plate off it, the new owner probably had no interest in the car itself.

Whether he ever got the plate off is another matter as the car needed work for an MOT, and there isn't exactly a lot of stretched Heralds about to do a swift swapperoonie of chassis plates with as is usual for plate dealers.

:-(

Colin

timbancroft61 wrote:
Just realised that 12 of those cars are still owned by their drivers!!!

I understand that someone is buying back one of the cars?

Gawd, does this mean that Mr Pearson will bring the 'Stretch' out of retirement???

Not so sure about "buying"  ;)taking away then making an offer?!! ;) but yes would be a bloody laugh to get the bus there again 2013

ajp wrote:

Not so sure about "buying"  ;)taking away then making an offer?!! ;) but yes would be a bloody laugh to get the bus there again 2013

Can it be arranged for it to need a new spark plug every 200 miles? ;D

Regarding where to have a re-union. Well as I am not responsible for the route I can't say but the whole event for me with anywhere relevant to 2003 if possible.

Starting with the ferry?

I had at one time wanted to buy the "Stretch" worked out a price and then went to look at it.  Down side was that my wife was with me and after one look she said "NO".   I know the car sold but I understand it was returned and Dave wanted no more mention of it.   No sure if it's still around or what the final outcome was.  It would be nice to see it on the road again.  Maybe this time someone will not, run it into a field or try to remove a entire gas pump island!   Yes Jason you know who you are. Going back in time I wish I had the space to keep it and the time and money to finish it.  I would have liked someone or even the TSSC take it and display it.  Shame their was no interest.