National B Race Licence

Rallyspit

Whoopee! Nat B Race licence ARDS test passed today at Mallory Park, to add to my Nat A rally competition licence. A steep learning curve now to our first race (probably Croft on 23/07) in my old ex-Fred Nicklin road rally Mk3 Spitfire - now much modified.To state I'm delighted would be a huge understatement, especially as my compulsory medical included the question "Do you have any mental or psychological problems?" Obviously being an OAP and wanting to start circuit racing doesn't count.

Hi John, we'll be in the same CSCC series, and look forward to seeing you there. We should make Croft, but will possibly marshal at Silverstone (it's worth one upgrade signature too - an extra bonus!) It's also worth noting just how helpful Peter and Melanie have been during the process.

Well done - I got mine over a year ago, and then the race car build stalled, so I had all the gear apart from the car!

I remember back when there was the Jigsaw race series, almost all Triumphs, and a good mixed bag too. Some of the driving left a little to be desired at times though - very sad to see my friends GT6 punted hard at the Mallory Hairpin. Would be great to see an all-Triumph race again!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote=Jonny_Jimbo

I remember back when there was the Jigsaw race series, almost all Triumphs, and a good mixed bag too. Some of the driving left a little to be desired at times though - very sad to see my friends GT6 punted hard at the Mallory Hairpin. Would be great to see an all-Triumph race again![/quote]

That`s why i cant watch the BTCC any more,might as well be driving bumper cars.

I will be spectating at Silverstone.
S

Quoted from Steve P
[quote=Jonny_Jimbo

I remember back when there was the Jigsaw race series, almost all Triumphs, and a good mixed bag too. Some of the driving left a little to be desired at times though - very sad to see my friends GT6 punted hard at the Mallory Hairpin. Would be great to see an all-Triumph race again!

That`s why i cant watch the BTCC any more,might as well be driving bumper cars.

I will be spectating at Silverstone.
S

[/quote]

I get very frustrated watching the BTCC these days, there is far to much contact and there are certain "big name drivers" seem to think it is normal and acceptable. Well unless someone does it to them, the CoC and stewards should be doing more to punish the poor driving standards

Just about to set off for Silverstone.
Don't forget - we are racing on the International circuit, based on the "Wing" pits.
There  is another meeting using the Club circuit, and the old pits.

There are another eight or ten Triumphs, all TRs in the race.
See you there!
John