Entry List - Whose Driving What etc

Jonny-Jimbo

Just entered the Autosolo, but as the entry form doesn't allow free form fill my entry is a bit skewed. It says I'll be taking my Mk1 2000 with a 3995cc engine... This is because I will actually be entering in my BMW 5 Series again. Having driven my 2000 for the last two weeks, it needs a lot of work that I don't think I'll have done in time for the Autosolo... And the 540i will go very sideways and make lots of smoke...

If I'm not fast I'll just have to be spectacular!

I'm looking forward to this event, hopefully we get enough entries to run it.

• 1 month later...

Yay! I finally managed to get back in to the new web site! And I entered the autosolo. My entry says I'll be bringing a green Spitfire. Except it'll be yellow. And not a Spitfire. Hopefully that's close enough but the "add a new car" button doesn't have a category for "other".

The button should be just underneath where it says "draft 6 submitted 13" at the top. It's a tiny button anyway but seems to be entirely absent in your screenshot. Maybe you need to bypass the high technology and contact Nigel directly to let him know you want to join in!

I need to get an entry in for the other half in her MX5, but I can't as the button has also gone for me, possibly because I have already entered.

On that note, I am not going to be taking the 540. It's been laid up for the best part of a year missing it's front end (Badgers hurt 5 series quite badly it turns out!)... so I am now entering in the less powerful and distinctly FWD Citroen AX GT... I'm not even sure it runs to be honest. Might be a few nights on the midnight oil!

No misunderstanding, I was just attempting humour :) I'm not very good at it! Had an AX for 14 years, excellent car. The MX5 is also a good choice for many things!

I suspect by the way that the entry button may have vanished because the entry closing date has passed so direct communication with the organiser (Nigel Abdullah) is the way to go if anyone still wants to come out and play.