slate

You dont say what Vitesse you have.

I have fitted a big saloon plastic fan to my '6' replacing the metal one that was original. It has a few more blades and is lighter. As the car isnt running I cant comment on its abilities.

Also google Honda Civic radiator in Triumph Vitesse.

Adrian

Oops no i didn't its a mk2  2 litre rebuilt engine in standard  form.

I originally fitted a electric fan with stat in the top hose but it was noisy and ran continuosly. 

So i re-fitted the standard yellow blades witch work fine except in high alltitude hot areas .

I have been  told you can fit a different set that produce more air flow for hot areas, obviously these would have to be swapped for a British climate .

I think you already have about the best mechanical fan available but should see an improvement with the new core especially if it has a modern 1cm tube spacing rather than the original 1/2". Dont forget that the fan is primarily for tick over and very slow speed cooling and if youre seeing high temps on the move no fan will cure that. Also different running temperatures are inevitable (not seen on modern cars as the gauge is stabilised) depending on engine load and air temperature. Its easy to get worried (reason for the stabilising the readings) but the coolant temperature has to go up on hotter days to have sufficient difference with the air and maintain the transfer of heat energy