GT6 Roof Repair Panel

John Bonnett

A friend of mine who does for a living what I do for a hobby is, if there is sufficient interest able to make up roof repair panels. Price is likely to be just under �100. Attached is a picture of one I made earlier.

If you are interested please drop me a PM and I'll pass on his contact details.

John

firebobby wrote:
I would have thought you will get some takers on those John, I see it retains the original lip as well  
:)

Not for me, I'm no good at repetitive work,  I get bored with the second one  :-/ But Mark will do a good job on this and any other panels one might need. He made this half size Mercedes Streamliner body for his portfolio. He's sold it now but what a work of art.

It always seems strange to me that only MK3s suffer with corrosion along the front edge.

I would have thought a sunroof is a good thing to have on a GT6 but for those who would prefer to fill in the hole and return to original, a panel in steel is not a problem. It can have a joddled (stepped) flange all the way round so that it fits flush with the existing roof and which will allow a good strong joint.