Panels/catalogue

Sheepy

Hi all,

Well the strip down of the mk3 has started, (thread to follow) and I'm making a list of parts needed for the rebuild.
Checking canleys site, and the others for part numbers and prices.

But I see that the rear deck panel (behind the seats, in front of the boot) is unavailable
And also the rear wing top inner panels, (between the boot and wing) are unavailable.

So my question is, does anyone have these panels laying about? NOS, or know of someone with them?
I see the deck panel a few months ago on e.bay, but sods law thought I won't need that one! Typical.

Secondly, for the life of me, I can't find my spitfire parts catalogue on C.D. I was going to take it to work to print off, (so much easier flicking through paper catalogue, than on line) then I can mark the parts I need.
So, does any one have the catalogue in p.d.f. File?

Thanking you very much!

How much of that inner wing do you need? How handy are you with metal shaping. You may have to get some 18 or 20 ga sheet metal and make a part. If you just need a few inches, it shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate.

I presume you are referring to the part listed as 16?

(Link just incase the images does not show)
http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/spitfireiiifloorpaneldetails.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/spitfireiii.html&category=bodyandfittings&xsl=diagram.xsl

How bad is your existing rear deck panel?
Pictures ;-)

I do have a s/h one (spitfire mk 3) here, but will be very pricey to ship from Denmark.

Re panel between boot and rear wing: Bought the last Drain Channel panel (903100) Paddock had in stock a few years ago; best bet would be to find a damaged or rusted out spitfire (ask graveyard or quiller) and get them from there. They are very rare and I have only seen them on evilbay once or twice (bought one from US too).

7952 wrote:

I presume you are referring to the part listed as 16?

Hi, thanks for that, the part is here 26 & 27, inner wing top section.
The part you refer to is available as a repaair section.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/spitfireiiidashandbodysidepanels.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/spitfireiii.html&category=bodyandfittings&xsl=diagram.xsl

Thanks again

4058 wrote:

Yes, I am also stripping mine for welding and blasting, the exciting (for me) stage!

I here ya. I have to fix some of the chassis on mine where the sway bar mounts to, as well as straighten a few spots some PO hooked a tow chain to and bent it-nothing structural, I hope, just a cosmetic bend. Enough to make me wanna straighten it.
http://www.triumphexperience.com/pictures/123092.jpg

• 2 weeks later...