Inner wheelarch panels

heraldcoupe

Not the wheelarch lip, not the outer bowl, but the inside part of the rear wheelarch assembly, the bit that faces the rear passenger seats.

Does anyone have experience of the quality of the modern replacement panels? I've been asked the question by a friend, but I've never handled a set, let alone fitted them.

Cheers,
Bill.

Same as spitfire ones?
If so, I have only had one repro LHS in my hands (a few years ago), but had the chance to compare with a NOS RHS; didn't look too bad. But you could spot the differences; the original (stanpart sticker) one had a more lose curve at the lower edge. Didn't have the two "ears" that help fixing them and missing the small "dot" next to the recess (gt6 reinforcement location?)

Anyway - had the feeling, they would fit without to much trouble, but as stated, I haven't had the opportunity to do so my self.

EDIT: Just had a look at Rimmers page - they seems to have improved - it has the 'ears' on now!