Castle Combe - MGoT Track Day 9th July Booking Now

Fredbie

Quote:
Just a thought Mart...............I am carrying Stiglet ballast, maybe a second improvement if I chuck her out, as suggested earlier in year.

Yes but you'd lose more weight by taking the bumpers off.  ;D

Where's the videos? I'm unable to transfer mine to my PC at the mo, can't figure it out, hardware problem me thinks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What occured to Stiglet and I Mart was the fact that normally I catch or get caught, it is rare to do a whole session so close to another car, it is interesting that I trust you to drive safely at speeds of up to at least 115 mph.
Yes before any one says the usual "Gran Prix cars do much more with open wheels" They are not on skinny tyres and weigh a ton and we are amateurs.
I am dead when she reads, this but what makes you think I have got half a dozen lead bumbers fitted :D
The Vids will have to be next week cos we are going fishing for Barbel this weekend.

You are naughty Jon.  :X

Anyway, I put it to the guys on the TDC forum that my speedo was touching 130 mph at the top of Avon Rise, so with the lower profile tyres (185/70 13s) & the 4.1:1 final drive instead of the standard 3.45:1 the conclusion was I was actually only travelling at 104.5 mph. approx. 80% of my speedo reading.

I heard that a 'sat-nav' will give a pretty accurate mph reading; though, I don't have one and have no idea how this works ??)... or even if it's true :-/

On the plus side Mart; if your speedo is over-reading, it should minimise your chances of getting a speeding ticket..... Well, that's the theory; BUT, now you know it's over-reading; you'll probably just go that little bit quicker because you know you've got a bit more to play with.

On a fast lap and if I could dare to look, my roadangel was showing 98mph as I hit avon rise. I reckon I was bottling it at this point and could probably carry a bit more speed into Quarry.

Over the years Quarry has been made out to be a scarey corner, not so sure, if the right line is taken its good fun. I wonder what it would be like to drive something real fast into that corner?

Archived