Castle Combe - MGoT Track Day 9th July Booking Now

Fredbie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wide run-offs at Combe - Surely you jest ??) If you come off on the infield; you'll be fine as it's just a big field.... Come off on the outside, and you don't have much time before you hit something... or is it just me that does that :B

[quote by=Mad_Mart link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1177972970,s=44 date=1181687088]OK Tim, got some valves today, head & valves going to m/c shop tomorrow, hopefully start putting it back together at the w/e. I still want to go so hold a place for me. [/quote]

Whoopee someone else to play with I hate empty tracks.

[quote by=Mad_Mart link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1177972970,s=46 date=1181688671]Good, stop sulking & get that head gasket fixed.  ;D[/quote]

TD Fitchett have original fit head gaskets (thanks Chris) and one is winging its way to me now.
For some reason my back decided to give in this week so I am a bit like a bear with a sore paw, cos I want to fix me motor.

Right following some chat and action we have the following going to CC

Chris Bird: Toledo
Jon Jackson: Dolly Sprint
Robin Eames: Dolly Sprint
Fred Slezak: GT6
Keith Dandridge: GT6
Richard Brake: GT6
Tim Bancroft: GT6 or 2.5Pi
Russell Banyard: Spitfire
Martin Stone: Dolly Sprint
Paul Michelmore: Spitfire
Dale Barker: Herald

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1177972970,s=51 date=1181759007]Right following some chat and action we have the following going to CC

Chris Bird: Toledo
Jon Jackson: Dolly Sprint
Robin Eames: Dolly Sprint
Fred Slezak: GT6
Keith Dandridge: GT6
Richard Brake: GT6
Tim Bancroft: GT6 or 2.5Pi
Russell Banyard: Spitfire
Martin Stone: Dolly Sprint
Paul Michelmore: Spitfire
Dale Barker: Herald[/quote]

Right following some woefully poor planning on my part, I will not be going to CC ( ::). Holiday in St Iyves instead. My lovely wife even said I could come back for it! Possible if I were driving to Cornwall, but i'm going on the train!!!!! :X

Have a good time non-the less, I hope the weather's good for you. :)

For the avoidance of doubt I would like to add that it is very nice of the MG's to invite us and also many thanks to all those who make it all possible.
My comments should be taken as preference rather than gripe, now thats off my chest.
It does not alter the fact that last time at Combe when I said good morning to an MG driver he looked aghast and moved to a spot where there were more MG's. ??)

Everything's back together & running. Got it running yesterday for 20 mins at 1700-1800 rpm to run the cam in. Re-torqued the head this morning & adjusted the timing slightly. Booked in for a rolling road session to get the Webers set up properly with the new cam.

Archived