Castle Combe - MGoT Track Day 9th July Booking Now

Fredbie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to all for a great day out at Combe yesterday and thanks to Tim for
a memorable ride.
I think however that all Dolly Sprints should be made to carry a six pot in
the boot as a handicap. I seemed to be forever getting out of their way.

Likewise, would like to convey many thanks to Fred; Tim; MGoT; and everyone else involved, for organising yet another brilliant day.
I had a blast, as did my Father-in-Law in my passenger seat.
The threatened rain forecast mercifully came to nought, a few spots on the windscreen had me getting a bit nervous on the first session just after lunch; but, thankfully it blew over and wasn't enough to dampen the track, or my spirits. 8)

"...a six pot in the boot ..." Not a bad idea; perhaps that will stop my inside rear tyre spinning when coming out of the twisty bits :-/.... it's got to be a hell of a lot cheaper than a LSD :o

A couple of snaps from yesterday; featuring Fred & "The Swarm" as she has decided to name 'us'.

Yep, thanks Fred, Tim & Dave (MGoT). Had a great time (again) & looking forward to the next one. All the guys & gals in our sessions were very well behaved & showed good track etiquette. Hope I didn't spoil things by breaking down (twice). ::)

Thanks Tim for posting the MGoT snaps here.

Gotta say that wa the best TD I have done at CC before- marvellous.

An absolute pleasure to share a track with such courteous drivers, I remember stating a similar thing after the Silverstone TD earlier this year. On the last seesion, I think about 5 Triumphs were all together as we got to the corner before the second chicane and everyone just moved around to let us take the corner on the right line at a good speed, nice or what!
Seriously though its a pleasure to do TDs with you guys. I like the way that the fast boys allowed for the slower cars and the slower cars allowed for the faster cars- good etiquette

Fred's nickname for a group of Dolomites 'A swarm' is great, dammed fast swarm at that. Its very interesting watching how Dolomites take corner, no camber changes obviously at the rear wheel and lots of neg at the front. The cars look stable and fast.

Bodge of the day must go to Keith D in his GT6. His gear lever snapped in the queue for the second session, so he bought some steel tube from Merlin M'sport and whacked it over the remaining gear lever stub, then used a screwdriver handle grip as the gear knob and managed to open up the hole in the handle end so that his overdrive switch could slip inside- brilliant!

Excellent work by Russell and Dave in getting Russ's Spit. through scrutineering and not giving up.

Richard: You've got to lower the rear end of your car, it displays serious positive camber under heavy braking- bit un-nerving when following.

Really pleased by the old grey car, booted it all the way to CC, did near on 2 hours hard driving, caned it all the way home to ensure I got to the CT Ctte meeting at Crews Hill and not a drop of oil used. The car seriously needs some more power and I think its time for the pi system to go back on. Then I think it might be time to go Dolomite hunting!

Once again, thanks to everyone who attended, your conduct on the track ensures that CT gets invited to MGoT TDs.

Thanks to Fred and Dale.

Thanks Tim for posting the MGoT snaps here.

Gotta say that wa the best TD I have done at CC before- marvellous.

An absolute pleasure to share a track with such courteous drivers, I remember stating a similar thing after the Silverstone TD earlier this year. On the last seesion, I think about 5 Triumphs were all together as we got to the corner before the second chicane and everyone just moved around to let us take the corner on the right line at a good speed, nice or what!
Seriously though its a pleasure to do TDs with you guys. I like the way that the fast boys allowed for the slower cars and the slower cars allowed for the faster cars- good etiquette

Fred's nickname for a group of Dolomites 'A swarm' is great, dammed fast swarm at that. Its very interesting watching how Dolomites take corner, no camber changes obviously at the rear wheel and lots of neg at the front. The cars look stable and fast.

Bodge of the day must go to Keith D in his GT6. His gear lever snapped in the queue for the second session, so he bought some steel tube from Merlin M'sport and whacked it over the remaining gear lever stub, then used a screwdriver handle grip as the gear knob and managed to open up the hole in the handle end so that his overdrive switch could slip inside- brilliant!

Excellent work by Russell and Dave in getting Russ's Spit. through scrutineering and not giving up.

Richard: You've got to lower the rear end of your car, it displays serious positive camber under heavy braking- bit un-nerving when following.

Really pleased by the old grey car, booted it all the way to CC, did near on 2 hours hard driving, caned it all the way home to ensure I got to the CT Ctte meeting at Crews Hill and not a drop of oil used. The car seriously needs some more power and I think its time for the pi system to go back on. Then I think it might be time to go Dolomite hunting!

Once again, thanks to everyone who attended, your conduct on the track ensures that CT gets invited to MGoT TDs.

Thanks to Fred and Dale.

cant wait for next year when the beast is ready, already got a challenge with the guy who was at staffs with the green GT6 hill climber (name escapes me at the mo) spoke to him a few times and its his local test place so laid down the gauntlet for next year :D

i imagine your beast will be ready for track days next year aswell eh dave? thatll be 2 of your works of art at combe ;) well 1 and half ;)

cant wait for next year when the beast is ready, already got a challenge with the guy who was at staffs with the green GT6 hill climber (name escapes me at the mo) spoke to him a few times and its his local test place so laid down the gauntlet for next year :D

i imagine your beast will be ready for track days next year aswell eh dave? thatll be 2 of your works of art at combe ;) well 1 and half ;)

Great track day I agree, on the subject of shiny red grass cutters tho'.............Can't upload piccie in question, apparently it's too big! (Funny it looks fairly distant to me ). I was going to try sticking some other piccies an' stuff up but they're too big too, guess I'll have to post a link type doobrie or summat - fat chance of that if I can't even work out how to post 1 photo !

IU know how you feel Dale it took me ages to sort out all that stuff, Chris Bird showed me how to sort videos.
I have a lot of footage but unfortunately the camera was a little loose (it goes off due to vibration), so with patience I will cobble up a vid that should show everyone who took part.
Just a thought Mart...............I am carrying Stiglet ballast, maybe a second improvement if I chuck her out, as suggested earlier in year. :D

She should bounce a bit on the way into Quarry ;)

Hey I just love Quarry cos late braking is a risky business there, sometimes the car is all four sliding as I enter ;D
Roll on Goodwood, probably the fastest circuit we will visit.

Archived