Castle Combe - MGoT Track Day 9th July Booking Now

Fredbie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith,

I believe 08.00, however I think MGoT will be sending out some instructions anyday now.

Unfortunately we have only sold 10 tickets- bit surprised by this.

I am gonna attempt to bring the GT6, install the diff & rear suspension on Friday night and stick the g'box back in on Sat- all weather dependant as the car is on the drive- The herald is in the garage. Whats the betting I pitch up in the 2.5!

Still really looking forward to the TD.

trackerjack wrote:
Thats a lot more Mart what is it putting out?
How did they get more from it? how expensive is it?
Looking forward to bagging a pas seat at Combe if you have no objections.

TBH Jon, I don't know what it's putting out. The figures are 144.2 bhp (flywheel) @ 5600rpm & 144lbs ft of torque @ 4900rpm. From my last RR session at Interpro the engine was putting out about 165bhp (flywheel) on the STR91 cam. But different RRs give different readings, I reckon if I took it back to Interpro it would probably be about 180bhp. But these figures don't mean a lot, it was just nice to get it performing at it's optimum settings.

They tweaked more out of it by rejetting the Webers, the engine wasn't getting enough fuel at high revs. Cost me £180 for 4 hours work including parts.

We'll all be out on track at the same time Jon, unless you let stiglet go out on her own??

Well thanks from Diane (Stiglet) & Jon to all who made this day possible.
I really like those big Triumphs Tim will leave me for dust if it had a hot PI lump in his grey lady.
Mad Mart and I continued our dice that we started in Silverstone ;D there really isnt much in it but I think Mart has the edge.
Was nice to meet all the crowd again.
If I could I would like to own several types of Triumph  ::)
Some of the MG lads came over for a chat and seemed impressed at the speed of the Triumphs.
After all I have said about MGF owners :B one of them came up and said he loved watching us Triumphs as we were more exciting to watch as we were so close :)
Castle Combe have announced that they have invested in a nice shiny red grass cutter ;)

Archived