Castle Combe - MGoT Track Day 9th July Booking Now

Fredbie

Dear all,

Sorry for the delay in getting this information posted; the next track day with our MG friends is taking place at Castle Combe on Monday 9th July, and for those of you that couldn't make it last year, nows your chance!

This time we will be having our own Triumph only session; which means we have just 12 places available, and I expect these will sell out pretty quickly.

There will be one 15 minute session for Club Triumph members every hour, so we should have one and a half hours or more of track time in total, assuming no stoppages. The other three sessions will be for MGs on Track.

As we found out last time, the noise limit is pretty strict at Combe. The MGoT website states it's 100db and if I remember rightly this was at 4,500 rpm.  I'll check to get exact details but be prepared to be asked to add an additional silencer; we had some interesting contraptions bolted on last time!  ::)

The cost is £135 per car with an additional driver costing £10. Passengers are free.

For those of you that want to attend, please send a cheque made out to Club Triumph Ltd for either £135 or £145 to include an additional driver to Tim Bancroft. His address is in the club magazine.

And please include the following details so we can pass them onto the organisers:

* Driver name and Club Triumph membership number
    * Second driver name
    * Car model
    * Engine size
    * Preferred email address

Sign on begins at 07:45 with drivers briefing at 08:30am.
Track Time starts at: 9am and ends at 5pm.

* Above start & end times include a lunch break

We look forward to receiving your entries and please don't delay as we expect this to sell out very quickly! Finally MGoT will email an event guide with final instructions about a week before the event. Any questions - email, pm or call me.

Fred

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy - fantastic - a new shed to add to the collection! We'll look forward to seeing that on the circuit.

Glad you can make it Richard and Chris - Dave I take it July is too soon for you? and yes we'll blame the sessions this time on you if you like!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1177972970,s=10 date=1178301883]Must say that the MG boys seemt to drive in a civil manner.

Jon, your cheque arrived this morning.[/quote]

Good glad, its arrived Tim.

Most have excellent at track manners.
Well some however do not like an old Dolomite catching them and try to block me overtaking which is a bit pointless but several times it has happened, so I overtake them any way.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I am tempted. Very tempted. Did a few track days with the yellow Sprint some years ago, and had a hoot. Trouble is the last one I did saw me carried home on the back of an RAC wagon. Viscous coupling bearing failed and sent the fan blades into the rad at 6500rpm - flat in o/d third, back straight Goodwood. Time before that, I thought I was going like a bat out of hell until Johnathan Palmer overtook me in a Maclaren F1 while testing brake materials at Goodwood. I almost soiled myself!!

• 3 weeks later...

I want to participate but my head is on the workbench awaiting valves, springs, cam buckets etc. from America. They were supposed to take 5 days but it's now been four weeks. I don't want to commit myself until said parts arrive.

Archived