Track day video's

trackerjack

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote by=trackerjack link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1168458220,s=38 date=1170182948]Anyone interested in some rally clips of Tony Pond alas not in a wedge but a Rover SDI or shall I leave em?[/quote]

I've got the one of him doing the Manx circuit - awesome - must find that again.

"I probably would have lost patience with him and taken a corner from him."
Ooh, Jon; You rebel :o

Personally; I'd have eased off for a little while and let him get a safe distance ahead. It's drivers like that, that tend to cause 'offs' - they're just too unpredictable. Also classic mistake by the pursuing car: Get a rush to the head after passing; then over-cook it into the next bend.

I know your right Chris but it just aint my nature to back off I would definitely get past him but would not have taken the correct line at quarry but just stuff it up his offside and slow thus blocking the corner to him ( it just looks like the old Dolly has outrun its brakes so the marshals leave it) then carry on as if nothing happened his car was nice and shiny so he would not risk it me thinks. :D

Still want that run in my car Chris? :P

"Still want that run in my car Chris?"... Absolutely.
You won't scare me... I've been in a Sprint doing well over 'a ton' (driven by  :X) down a Scottish Highland road that's not much wider than, and about as smooth as, the lane at the back of my house - and loved every minute of it ;D

Ah but  :X is a better driver than me, I know this is so, because at Combe when we all drove away from him he claimed we all braked too much :D
Strangely when I suggested he just overtakes us so that our braking did not slow him down he was quiet.
I will concede though that  :X is brilliant at rally driving, the art of light braking and sliding smoothly.
Your passenger seat awaits as promised.

Yeh started watching and sadly stopped cos the music was akin to drilling holes in my head :'(
In one Clint Eastwood film he say that what he is about to do is a crime and his friend turns to him and states no its a sin.
So a sin it is to mask the sounds of the engines.............sorry.

my friend has an awful taste in music. he came round like the FBI on 9/11 and whisked my camera tapes away for this. Im only in it for about 20seconds.
Passenger in the red Westfield. Old man was driving like a ride in the countryside.
sorry

i will post a sexy one of him chasing the TR7 V8

mr sideways said we wouldnt get on track over 98db. screaming loud TR7 blew its exhaust manifold off cyl 7. was making a right racket lol!

Yeh now your cooking on gas!
It is twenty years since I sat behind a Triumph straight six............what a glorious sound, so much better than my Sprint.
Now it just so happens that I have a Ford Cologne V6 2.8 looking for a home then I could enjoy a soundtrack like that.
Do not be suprised if you see me beg for a trip round a track in a six pot Triumph!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived