The Raider's Triumph September 2nd

Raider

HI everyone, as per the May edition of Club Torque please find attached regs for the

"Raider's Triumph" which is aimed at being an introduction to motorsport for those who want to have a go but will also be good fun for more experienced competitors. This is a CT Driver Challenge event too.

Please bear with us as this is the first competitive event of this nature Pendle and Pennine have organised.

Since the regs were put into Club Torque a number of small changes/amendments have had to be made. These changes are as follows.

• There will be the same number of tests as planned but at two locations, not 3.

• The event will also be open to Triumph based "specials" as well as Triumph motor cars.

• Pre event scrutinee and documentation will be from 8.30 to 9.30AM

• The suggested route between the two test locations is to use "A" roads as much as possible

Looking forward to those entries and a great days fun motorsport :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the AutoEcosse this weekend at least 5 people said they would be entering the Raider's Triumph :)

One amendment regarding car eligibility

" Car eligibility – Any model of Triumph/Standard motor car or Triumph based special/kit car. Other cars will be considered but  Triumph/Standard cars or Triumphs based specials/kit cars have priority for entry."

In addition I am sure we will have a social element the night before at the Old Stone Trough and should anyone wish to, we are happy to have people pitch a tent on our lawn - not sure about the neighbours tho ;D

Great stuff guys.

Provisional entries - that is, no actual entry forms with me yet ;D

Peter Fern/? - ?
Rob Southern/? - Spitfire
Steve Thompson/Gary Seddon - Gt6
Tim Bancroft/? - GT6
Bryce Greenwood/Jonathan Blackburn - Toledo
Mike Charlton/Jane Charlton - Spitfire.

Reserves!
Ian Heeley/Andy Heeley - Nova
Thomas Gaythorpe/Paul Gaughan - VW Corrado

I'll list official entries once I receive actual entry forms ;)

After entries close in August I'll put up the seeded entry list ;)

3020 wrote:
i'll have to have a look at the callender and have a word with one or two people
if i do manage to schedule it in ,i'll be coming in the saloon ..the new weapon of choice

That would be great Doug - one of CT's Driver Champions gracing my event - WOW.(dance)

Provisional entries - that is, no actual entry forms with me yet

Peter Fern/? - ?
Tim Bancroft/? - GT6
Doug Foreman/?    2000 Mk1 saloon

Reserves!

I have just realised that not everyone will be familiar with Production Car Autotests and that there may be some elements which are of particular interest.

So I have attached the relevant MSA document - it's available on their site to download if you can work your way round it but to make it easier here it is.

Note -

Minimum age driver - 14.  That is on the tests only of course, not on the road!
Passenger - Mandatory – Must have Full RTA Licence and Autotest xperience
if driver does not
Minimum age passenger - 12 – if driver has full RTA licence and
Autotest experience

Production Car Autotests are designed to allow/introduce youngsters to motorsport.

It's all getting busy now! :)
The plan is to go up early Saturday to do some photography and stay in the OST. Then stay again Sunday night before heading off on Monday to do some more exploring. Unless either one of us can't get the day off, in which case we'll leave Sunday night. I don't fancy camping as I'll have too much weight and crap in the car then.

Raider wrote:

Peter Fern/ David Wilson - Acclaim*
Tim Bancroft/? - GT6
Doug Foreman/?    2000 Mk1 saloon

Reserves!

I'm glad you posted those regs. as well as I wasn't sure if a navigator was required. Our plan is for Dave to do the driving between sections, is that ok?

*Unless the Herald proves reliable and I want to risk it... I'll not be pushing hard if I take the angry wasp, I'll just be there to have a laugh and take it relatively easy. :)

Re who is driving and who is co-driving.

I'll be at the start at the OST to make sure you all start on your due time - there will be a penalty if not :P

I expect the driver to be driving then but it is only a maximum of 2 miles to the first test site.

After that I expect the marshals will only have enough time to check the right person is in the right seat as the tests are started ;)

3020 wrote:
Raider..just a quick Q...would i be correct in assuming [if we came] we could double drive the saloon?

Hmm - as it's the first time I have organised an event I am worried about logistics. I think there could be quite a queue especially at the first test so could be tricky.

If every one has goodwill and we suck it and see then yes lets have a go ;)

I will have to give you and Katy (I presume) separate but consecutuve car numbers(think)

Ferny, know it doesn't mean you'll have to go first in fact I can more or less guarantee you will be at the back of the field ;D This is because I will seed the entry with the position of the driver in the Driver Challenge - like qualifying in the GP ;D

As you are not taking any points in the Driver Challenge you won't be at the front. Now if no-one enters who is in the Driver Challenge I'll then go with the Championship position.

yes ,,if we come it will be both me and katie...and neither of us will want to come as purely a passenger ..we have double driven stuff before and are very adept at fitting both runs in..i'll have to have a word with her

I have been contacted by some people not yet mentioned in this thread who are planning to enter :)

I have decided to continually "seed" the entry list as I get new entries so that should be a bit of fun - you won't be holding on to car 1 for long Ferny ;D

Meanwhile, I have had a query about the "spill kit". Please see the photo - the spill kit is easily made up with a container of absorbent material ( as in cat litter!), 2 bits of card and some cloth along with a pair of disposable gloves, all contained in a sealable bag).

• 2 weeks later...

As an update -

Today I have notified the Police forces about the event and where the test sites are with times etc.

Also produced 50 leaflets which Rebecca and I will be distributing tomorrow to households near one of the test sites as required by the MSA's Route Liaison Officer - so that the residents can object if they want to(scared)

Then moved on to creating yet more paperwork that seems never ending! Then again we are creating the event from scratch so it will be easier next time.

I'll probably apply for the permit next weekend before I go away on holiday for a couple of weeks.

It might get a bit tight timewise if I leave it later.

That'll be a fair few £ for the club as it's a fee per car per venue :o

Oh, best organise some trophies too ;)

I feel at the moment that I need to do something each weekend where I can now as the event will be here before we know it - must be only 9 or 10 weeks away. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

This weekend I have to apply for the permit which will cost the club £160 and there's no refund. :o

The only entry I actually have is

1. Peter Fern/David Wilson -  Acclaim - Beds & East Bucks Area

Pretty damned sure will enter -

Bryce Greenwood/Jonathan Blackburn  Toledo - Pendle and Pennine

Others to have expressed an interest are

Rob Southern/? - Spitfire - Pendle and Pennine
Steve Thompson/Gary Seddon - GT6 - Pendle and Pennine
Mike Charlton/Jane Charlton - Spitfire - Pendle and Pennine.
Doug Foreman/Katie Foreman -   2000 Mk1 saloon
Alan Pettit/?
Simon Holland/?
Barry McGrath/Dan Wimhurst - Herald Special - Pendle and Pennine/Hull & East Yorks
Mike Bishop/Darren Armitage - Dolomite Sprint - Essex

Reserves!
Andy Heeley/? - Nova

I know the regs have been downloaded 18 times so I hope there are others out there too.

Can I have some feedback and an idea of commitment to enter please?

I really want to run this event and will put it on even if the club makes a small loss as I am sure it will grow and grow after the first running ;)

This is the updated entry list!

Seeded car no     Driver     CT Area     Codriver     CT Area     Car     Registration
1     Bryce Greenwood     Pendle & Pennine     Jonathan Blackburn          Toledo     KLY 638K
2     Peter Fern     Beds & East Bucks     David Wilson     Beds & East Bucks     Acclaim     UTA 907X

As I have said, according to MSA rules I have to apply for the permit this weekend. The cost will be £160 for this alone, there will be the costs of food, rally plates,trophies and goodness knows what else.

I also have to consider those good people who have volunteered to marhsall and help out in organisation etc.

If I do not have more entries by this weekend I cannot commit the club to the costs involved and will have to pull the event :o

So, if you are planning to enter PLEASE LET ME KNOW NOW

I've just sent Raider a reply to an email he sent me ....saying that i can't come due to other personal commitments ..but just had a thought ....Katie might be able to....with her new Beau Ed    ..i'll have a word