abetterlife

Hi I don't know what 'In The Shed' refers to, but took a guess it might be logged-in members. I've just joined, live in South Hertfordshire and have a late model Triumph Herald 1200. I was attracted by the advertising blurb that says 'Club shop & Spares'. Where are spares to be found here? 

Also interested to ask about members experience securing carpets on refit... mine are rather loose, which I have seen a lot of examples of. Surely someone here must know how to fit hem properly? Where do I post that? on the Local cub page, on here.. where?

Really could do with finding a new users guide to the site. 

Cheers folks

Rick

Hello Rick and welcome.

The "in the shed" area is "The place for general discussion which doesn't belong anywhere else....." according to the forum homepage. We don't seem to have a specific "introduce yourself" area like some forums do.

Best place for posting technical questions is either the "Technical" or the model-specific ("Herald" in your case) section under "Cars". As to fixing carpets... options include gluing them down (awkward for footwell and gearbox cover as they need to be removed for some servicing jobs!), stud popper fasteners, or velcro. The latter two need to be positioned carefully but can work well. I used self-adhesive velcro strips on my GT6 - ok on the clean bodywork but needs stitching to the carpet - and it works well.