• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you can add me on to that - I'd do it for free ... although if you can send me a form as well Andy then I'll try and raise extra wonga ... an add on to the standard sponsor form!
(I've swum with a seal before - although that was in Cornwall)

Brrrr!

Fear not James, Tim counts car parking spaces for a living. :o

Also, as we are all mates there shouldn't be a problem parking one behind the other.

And there is often a Police presence to help cars leave safely onto the public highway - again the organising team is on the case trying to arrange this.

Although there is a team, the majority of the effort is down to Tim Bancroft so we all owe him alot of thanks for a superb effort - cheers mate. ;)

Oh, one other thing, let's not have any whingeing tarts ::) giving him a hard time if something doesn't work quite right .

Will there be non-whinging tarts available?

We're just putting the finishing touches to our random American entrant, Jerry - see attached picture of Jerry and his GT6. He should be getting his flights about now, as soon as it's confirmed I'll cough up the entry fee and we'll get him on the books. We've sorted the insurance and he's got his international licence so we're almost there.

One last thing I was thinking of, Jerry has never seen a 2000 saloon let alone driven one, we'll put that right. Having rebuilt his GT6 from the ground up he's well acquainted with it but there are lots of other Triumphs you just don't see in Wisconsin. Is it the done thing on the RBRR to do what Dean did on the 10CR and get a ride in a few other cars?

Good good... even if we park like French Fries will we all get in though? Maybe we need Don Cook on hand to help us all get out? He's got good experience of that...

Are we still having a wager on the Cookster turning up and just tagging along? You know last time it was me who suggested we come along and take photos... he then came up with the crazy idea of actually taking part in the 10CR! I'm sure he'll come and wave us off... a pub and Triumphs - what else does he need? All we need is a bit of goading now...

If Tim needs any help on the day I'll gladly give a hand - as Im only 5 minutes from The Plough  no excuses... do any graphics need designing? (car numbers etc) Im up for that too... give me a shout Tim...

James

Will the Plough have any room for "regular"punters or are we just gonna take the place over for the duration of the assembly and start/finish?

Are the gentlemen of the press involved in all this? I mean does anyone invite them? Just asking as it's always good to get the classic press and general motoring press involved to raise the profile of the marque, club and the event :-)

Just some silly questions that I;ve been emaning to ask  ;D

Well, I'm not part of the organising team but having done 2 of these and a being committee member I'll tell you what I know.

The Plough isn't taken over just by us officially (though there won't be much room for anyone else!).

Regarding the press there are gents from 3 of the classic car magazines in the crews

Quote:
No one from Tiny Speedo Monthly Mag? 

No, nor Practical Thongs or Health and Efficiency (does that still exist?).

BTW - I wonder what AJP's choice of swimwear will be for his sponsored swim in Scotland::)

You will have to wait for Tim to answer defintively but I think we are talking about Classic and Sportscar, Classic Cars and Retro cars.

Press Representatives are:
James Elliott: Classic and Sportscars
Glen Waddington- Classic Cars
and Possibly Dale from Practical Classsics.

As for the kind words from Martin, please remember that alot can go wrong between now and the start and during the event. So judge me when its all over.
The man who should be getting all the praise is Derek Pollock for originating the event and keeping it going since 1966. Derek has made it very easy for me to organise as I have just followed his timetable. Also big thanks so far to Nigel Abdullah who does the route.

Also remember that when the original crews did the event, the road system consisted of just A roads, so to do the 2000 miles in 48 hours was a great achievement

Also the start is only 4 months away!!!!

Archived